cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating and listing items - Error

Now going on 6-days with no resolve from Ebay tech.

Along with us many are getting error messages when they create a new listing and try to save it or try to list an item from their saved inventory.

The error message reads:

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.
  • You have entered an invalid product name.

We have spoken to Ebay several times and we were given a ticket number. Right now our hands are pretty much tied when it comes to listing any saved items or creating new ones.

There is absolutely nothing we can do and I dont think Ebay Customer Support can do to much either.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

@g-s-i

This is from the eBay Advanced Apps team...

Phone Support (US - 8 AM - 6 PM MST): **To call us, click on the Help & Contact link found at the top of most eBay pages. Click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page. Select ‘Selling’ -> ‘Getting Started’ -> ‘Selling Tools’ for issues or concerns related to eBay listing tools that my team can assist you with. Now scroll to the bottom and click Call Us. Ask the customer support agent to transfer you to the Advanced Apps team.**

Or...

You can send an email from your registered email address, to turbodata@ebay.com. Be sure to include your userid and a complete description of the issue (ticket number).

Note: for your issue, eBay has said that it is a integration issue between SellerHub and SellingManager. They have given no timetable for a resolution.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Hello.

Thank You for the note.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Tried listing again today. Same error notification: "It looks like there's a problem with this listing You have entered an invalid product name."

A week now without being able to create or list any existing items from inventory. SO BEYOND FRUSTRATED! This is absolutely ridiculous. 

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

It definitely is frustrating.

I did get a written reply from Ebay. It reads:

Note: for your issue, eBay has said that it is a integration issue between SellerHub and SellingManager. They have given no timetable for a resolution.

This issue could go on for a very long time.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Thank you. I appreciate the information. I've been selling on Ebay for 15+ years and can't remember the last time I wasn't able to create a new listing or sell an existing item from a previously created template. 90%+ of my inventory are similar items, so I've always just created duplicate listings and just revised them when creating a new template. Feel totally helpless at the moment. Ugh 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Not a very long time - forever. I just got off the phone with Shannon in the Advanced Apps department. This is the second major issue with Selling Manager Pro that I've experienced, the first being that changes made to a listing do not populate back to the related template - that stopped working about two years ago. According to Shannon, Selling Manager Pro is going away and will be replaced by Seller Hub. Of course, per in normal eBay fashion, he had no timetable for this. I asked him exactly what I'm paying for if the major features don't work, and he gave me some ridiculous song and dance about Selling Manager Pro just being a part of the store features. I'm really glad eBay has chosen to make unnecessary and unwanted changes like page formats, instead of focusing on fixing problems that actually impede our ability to sell. 

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I guess its like an old addage - You eat whatever they feed you.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Yeah well, I'm going to start looking for different cooks.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Try this...from existing inventory, select what you want to relist & choose 'Duplicate As..'. From here you should be able to relist your item. Good luck.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Thank You. I already spoke to the Apps Team and they gave me the same soultion as well as another I needed. Have a great night.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Any updates or news of a fix? The work around is very time intensive because "duplicate as" doesn't carry over ebay catalog info and I'm forced to enter in UPCs and product info again on every item. My listing 'per hour' have slowed by half. 😞 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Hi.

Ebay wrote me a few days ago and said that the issue is marked as "Low Priority" with no resolution date.

From another source I was told that Ebay is doing away with Selling Manager Pro and all activities will be handled through seller hub. I am thinking that this is what they are working on but am not 100% certain.

This is a nightmare for us also. We are using duplicate as and edit to create. It really is time consuming.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

17 Days and counting...........

As a business we feel "totally" abandoned by Ebay.

Havent had any recent replies from anyone at Ebay or from Ebay on this community board.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I'm not sure if it's a glitch, or my imagination, but it's working again for me; I'm able to create new templates without having to do any workarounds. I'm working in Firefox.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply