cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay with PayPal today

First time ever I can't pay with PayPal. Just continues with the searching circle on screen

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

tactical_guns
Adventurer

Same here. Never had a problem until yesterday. Endless loop and won't log me in to PayPal. I have a feeling the issue is with Ebay - not PayPal because I can log into PayPal website with no problems. Kind of ticks me off because I need to make a purchase on Ebay.

Message 16 of 65
latest reply

I have the same problem for 3 day now. Dummies from support sitting somewhere in Bombey slums are of no assistance. As web-programmer I see it as a problem with API connecting Ebay with PayPal. PayPal blames Ebay. Payments with bank card work well. We just see the result of outsourcing technical maintenance to 3 world countries.

Message 17 of 65
latest reply

I noticed this problem last week on Firefox and it still persists. PayPal login works perfectly on Microsoft Edge. It seems to be eBay's problem; definitely not PayPal.

Message 18 of 65
latest reply

Unable to send payment via PayPal today - each time I want to log in, it tells me that "If you think there is a problem with your account, contact us." I click on contact us, and it takes me to the discussion boards instead of being able to contact them via email. So, here goes another half an hour of my time, trying to call them...Happy Thursday!

PW 

Message 19 of 65
latest reply

I would guess the issue is a result of this absurdly long URL eBay is sending to PayPal when we attempt to pay:

QaW4Y6Y4CEan6H36aFWio%2FpaueUcLDdfBZ51FqPzkBkGTKTccrs4xbGTF7Vzvi6hYewDD8j42r8m18FstUgrnMj8aT%2FUL8iSyRhU7npQm0%2B0JVt55PSg0E%2FBiqNlJ0VrCJkH5E%2FZWFW6ZFLxklocLlo%2B4%2B2PWa2%2FjT7oLGvOv%2B2nDUBaa%2F6aVJlT3cMzUOr3esA9EzHiJh4lH%2Fjwaf3oiexQWXfW%2FQZ94ICY5o6qNc30jhKWl%2BerK%2FzK84djuPcr5y%2F6CCywgD9LvTdhcMirF0PV%2F8qBpos5JdLzBwMWAw%2FK1A3Qm2iZducMtZbiRfwKefR68rkiTPt4gOixdwxEkx1hNYLK4iVcOzxjk%2FfcW0lxvdbTXI09iYoxaBZQfC8X7ZP%2FiMkjoLimfHxD4Bn9I9sSgy3NXBd%2B2L7nhpEcDzlFei4sw4plHwtwTg2MRyLYzMzbMgE26LiitTffprC9t0ww9wutXY6pXD2H9m2Q3nwYQNkaunY9Jifs1TPkcMgJJvy4C6bbaizgZ%2Bckog2OwqDrYyBFmEGxR7UXo%2FnBvSQq1w23wApXDq9wk3fjUutYbljkakWLqSZtfjU05qaOZo9B6ILLQh09ytlqmwZDYl3uB2BXo5zz%2B50u0TneXKdrZ42uPfcSCwqTMsFq9eCMBlnJ5KqOlKOUC1Cfyz52wvhQOnVXI9%2BmyyRnnKEczg%3D%3D&scope=https%3A%2F%2Furi%2Epaypal%2Ecom%2Fservices%2Fpaypalattributes+openid+profile+email+https%3A%2F%2Fapi%2Epaypal%2Ecom%2Fv1%2Fpayments%2F%2E%2A+https%3A%2F%2Furi%2Epaypal%2Ecom%2Fservices%2Fpayments%2Ffunding-options&action=login&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Ffedsignin%2Eebay%2Ecom%2Ffedauth%2FReceptorDispatcherV2&locale=en-US&metadata_id=789bf13c1630aa12c5358dfee9af2416%7C5C634098MX941021N%7CdesktopWeb&logout=1&client_id=f29e246f4d66cbe690af709026ba4dc8&partner_client_id=ARDgxzhSpsraQrxBAU6bh2z2EFNfUGk2ILoxDlOYADnk6yAFn_xBezk-K1VpPfcKGAauwAO5gHnzZo76

When is eBay going to hire some competent programmers? 

Message 20 of 65
latest reply

Ditto here, whatever they have changed needs to be reverted.
Message 21 of 65
latest reply

Yep, same here (16.2.20) using a fully updated Firefox.

I switched to bare-bones Chrome and that worked just fine; but I don't have any add-ons installed (which ebay may be blocking) at all for Chrome.

I find the whole of ebay to be so obstructive, restrictive and tedious in the extreme that it is almost unusable; every other day some petty restriction is added. Appears to be run by the Chinese government.

Oh! for the days of 1999.

Message 22 of 65
latest reply

I had similar problems with payments a week ago. Cookies, browsers etc. have nothing to do with that. To be short - just wait. Due to certain reasons Ebay has glitchy API connecting it with PayPal. Just wait several day and try again. I my case it worked.

Message 23 of 65
latest reply

Try the steps on this article on how to clear your cookies on your device. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-Do-a-Hard-Refresh-How-to-Clear-Your-Cache-How-...

For websites that have advertisements, there is a lot of cookies getting stored on our computers / mobile devices in the background.  

Message 24 of 65
latest reply

Same here with firefox 73 ...Completed payments via microsoft Edge.

Message 25 of 65
latest reply

I had the same problem as everybody else, cured by just disabling uBlock Origin

Message 26 of 65
latest reply

Disable uBlock origin
Message 27 of 65
latest reply

Same problem, PayPal just spins, can't pay. Had to use CC. Cookies cleared, uBlock Origin disabled. 

Message 28 of 65
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, I just wanted to confirm that we are investigating this issue now and I have added all of the impacted users from this thread to our report. I don't have an estimated time for a fix at the moment, but will touch base if I need more info from anyone. In the meantime, make sure there is nothing wrong with your PayPal account (address, card on file, etc.) and that you PayPal login info is up to date. Try logging in to the regular PayPal site with the same account information to double check, and to ensure there is no account issue on PayPal's end that could be interfering with payment. Lastly, clear your browsing history/cache/cookies and attempt payment again. Some members may find checkout is successful when using a different browser, by trying to check out on a desktop or the mobile version of the site (whichever you were not using originally), or by logging into eBay.ca and completing checkout there. Be aware if you buy the item on eBay.ca, any potential issues with your purchase would be addressed on eBay.ca going forward.

Message 29 of 65
latest reply

okay
Message 30 of 65
latest reply