cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't disable sales tax option ?????

Every time I now list an item for sale the box for NY sales tax appears and shows that I charge 0.01% for sales tax.  I don't want to charge sales tax!   In my sellers 'account' under  'payments - tax tables'  NO boxes are ticked that would indicate I want to charge sales tax.  All boxes are all clear/empty.   I even re-cleared just to make sure and when I hit 'save' I get an error message that says "this feature is not available now. "    What in the world is going on?   

So, when I listed my most recent item I typed in that I charge sales tax for buyers who live in Guam (just to get around NY) and my listing went through even though I have sales exclisions to all other countries/ US protectorates, etc.     Anyone else having the same sales tax issue ?????  I'm so frutrated!   

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I had this problem as well and just figured it out the other day (by accident, none the less). 

Back space in the box where it shows .01% tax so that it is empty. Then, in the state box, scroll all the way up to the top and above Alabama is a blank line. Click on that blank line. 
The whole "tax" issue will now be blank for new listings. However, for any items you listed prior to this change ... you need to go in and manually change them before you relist them.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I've had the exact same problem for the last week or so.   Your fix (workaround?) worked perfectly for me.   Thanks much.  

Ebay get your act together.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Awesome Dude! Thank you so much! A bit embarrassed that I didn't figure this out myself. Missed the blank line at the top. I was looking for a 'No Sales Tax' or similar line.

BajaRon

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Had the same problem...THANK YOUUUUUU!!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thank you so much!!!!  Your suggestion was spot on.  I wasted a lot of time trying to figure it out.  You saved my energy, time, and peace of mind.  You're the best!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! grinning

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Won't work for me.  Do I have to hit save after clicking line?  Is the line really thin?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply