cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN'T CHANGE DURATION OR PRICE IN LISTINGS

CAN ANYONE OFFER ADVICE. WE LIST ABOUT 40 NEW ITEMS PER WEEK AND CAN'T CHANGE THE PRICE AND DURATION  WHEN LISTING. WE HAVE TO SOMETIMES PUT THE PRICE IN 15-20 TIMES FOR EACH LISTING. IT DISAPPEARS AFTER WE TYPE IT IN. THEN, WE HAVE TO CHANGE THE DURATION ANOTHER 10-15 TIMES BEFORE THE DURATION WE WANT WILL STAY THERE.

THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS. WE HAVE CALLED MANY, MANY TIMES. WE ARE TOLD SOMEONE WILL EMAIL OR GET IN TOUCH BUT THEY NEVER DO. WE HAVE REFERENCE NUMBERS FROM  CALLS AND NAMES OF REPRESENTATIVES SPOKEN TO.

HOLIDAYS ARE COMING AND WE WOULD LIKE TO LIST 80 ITEMS PER WEEK, BUT  WON'T BE ABLE TO WITH THIS ON GOING TECHNICAL ISSUE. PLEASE  RESPOND IF YOU CAN OFFER A SOLUTION THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF. 

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Try this:

Choose whichever you want.......auction or fixed price

SKIP the price (don't fill it in)

Fill in the duration (choose it)

Then go back and fill in the price and the best offer stuff if you want it........

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I've tried that and it's still a problem because sometimes I can't change the price either. UGH!

Someone actually told me to change the price, scroll down, hit "save for later", then click on the listing on that page to go back to it and I will be able to change the duration.

I just listed 4 items and it worked each time.

So, I can either try changing the duration 8-20 times, or click on another page, click back and try again. Either way it's time consuming and frustrating, but at least it works.

Thanks so much for your idea. I really appreciate it!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I used to be beyond frustrated with the SYI form on eBay for very similar reasons. 

I use TurboLister and while it's not super speedy, it's reliable and easy to create a listing with it.  It's a memory hog though so you gotta erase the older back-ups.

Nothing gets auto-checked for me - the weights and shipping information isn't the carried over from the last listing - stuff doesn't disappear

- Suzanne -
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

kathimcgraw
Adventurer

This is definitely an ongoing problem (check the Announcements page) and, even though they claim the issues have been resolved, THIS IS NOT TRUE.

I got ahold of customer service reps and, after explaining that the revision problem still exists for auctions with an existing bid, was told "...as a workaround to have this issue resolved, you need to cancel this bid. Here's how... If the same error message is appearing after you cancelled this bid, please reply on this email for us to submit a report to our site engineers to have this fixed."

I responded that the report to the site engineers should be made FIRST, instead of making me cancel the bid and risk losing the sale.  And that revising a listing with existing bids is allowed, as is outlined on eBay's Help Page "Restrictions on revising listings" (http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/revising_restrictions.html).

This is not a true resolution, as the issue remains for those who want to properly revise a listing that already has a bid on it.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This is happening today to me and I'm unable to list !!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

eBay won't let me change the duration time.  I put the price in under Auction listing and its automatically giving me 7-days when I want 5 and I can't change it.  Also, Buy-It-Now does not even offer a duration time for you choose but automatically is giving me 'good till canceled'.  I haven't listed on eBay in a very long time and this is just reminding the reasons why I stopped to begin with.  Just wanted to list some items for my Mom for the holiday season but 7-days is too long for an auction listing, 5 is too as people lose interest, forget about it.  3-Days was always the best time frame to sell but to pay an additional $1.00 per listing is highway robbery.  Does an on-site, live auctioneer charge you a dollar per each item you win at a in-person item simply because you bought it on the day of the auction?  No, they don't.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@chaosynergy wrote:
 ... its automatically giving me 7-days when I want 5 and I can't change it.  Also, Buy-It-Now does not even offer a duration time for you choose but automatically is giving me 'good till canceled'. ...

Many features are unavailable or difficult to access when using the Quick version of the listing form. There is one version of the Quick form that automatically uses 7 days as the duration for all auction-format listings and GTC for all fixed price.  You must switch to the Advanced version of the form.

If there's no link to the Advanced version in the upper-right corner of your Quick form, click on "Save and exit" at the bottom of your draft listing. In the upper-right corner of the next screen there's a link for the Advanced version of the listing form. After you click on that, you can re-open your draft and it will have the regular options including durations. (Ignore eBay's pop-up comment about who should use the Advanced form.)

Message 8 of 8
latest reply