cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best offers accepted, eBay cancels them within 60 seconds as "unpaid"?

This morning 7.40 am Amsterdam time I accepted a Best offer on this item:

Omega cal. 1373 / ETA 201.001 Swiss watch movement & dial ~ running | eBay

Within a minute the same was cancelled with this reason:

"We hebben de koper verwittigd dat zijn/haar betaling niet binnen de vereiste termijn werd uitgevoerd. Alle toepasselijke kosten worden op je rekening gecrediteerd, overeenkomstig ons beleid voor creditering van kosten. "

(In English: payment not received in time)

It happened on 3 Best Offers. What is going on eBay? This did cost 250 us $!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The largest store on watch movement parts, crowns, straps, bands and much, much more!
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I have noticed that payments seem taking a   minute or 2 to appear as paid in my purchase history while other items go through right away with no processing time at all(paid right away)

You may want to consider  waiting at least a few minutes before canceling a  transaction

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Hold on, I DID NOT cancel anything. eBay did, please read my post again.

I only accepted the Best offers that were received overnight and they got immediatly cancelled. 

The largest store on watch movement parts, crowns, straps, bands and much, much more!
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@vacheron_nl,

OK, you're the seller, and you accepted some offers, and eBay cancelled them within a minute after they were accepted. Were the offers all from the same buyer? 

For other posters, here's a link to the listing in English on eBay USA (where it was posted):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363081669442?ul_noapp=true

I see that you accepted 4 offers at the same time this morning. This one was the most expensive, and the buyer has private feedback. The other 3 were less expensive, and they appear to be all the same buyer (same feedback number), but a different buyer than the first one.

You said that 3 offers were cancelled with the same reason in under a minute ... which were the other offers that got cancelled? 

I looked at the buyers because I wondered if they were actually cancelled for another reason, possibly because eBay detected a possibly fraudulent buyer. Sometimes they choose the wrong reason when send the cancellation email. It's happened before.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

this just happened to me also.  i sold an item, and then it got cancelled.  i relisted, he bought, it got cancelled. 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

im on hold with ebay and they say they arent aware of this...  sigh.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

The extent of what eBay isn't aware of would probably shock most people.

On the other hand, after reading some of the board posts, maybe not.

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

i was on hold for awhile, then eventually they said its a global issue.   i relisted the item that was cancelled 2 times and then it sold without an issue.   anyone else?

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Buyer tried again; one went through (I immediatly sent invoice), the other again cancelled within a minute. 

This is rediculous.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

yep.   i listed 3xs then it worked. 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@vacheron_nl@philaarts.com@friskya 

There has now been an announcement that eBay is aware of this. They are asking affected sellers to contact eBay CS to be added to the ticket.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Known-Issue-Orders-being-cancelled-automatically-stat...

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

My workaround;

accept only from behind a desktop and invoice immediatly from the original listing itself (not in the confirmation screen)

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@vacheron_nl, what do you mean by "accept [offer] from behind a desktop"? I'm not questioning whether it works, I am just not clear on exactly what you did that worked.

Do you mean, you accepted the offer using a desktop computer, as opposed to a tablet or phone? Or have I misunderstood?

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Normally I do it directly from my phone (when I wake up) and don't send any invoice; buyer get's one an hour after the sale from my SixBit database if unpaid.

But now; I do accept on a desktop (not my phone or Ipad as it redirects back and forwards to the eBay app and eBay.nl as eBay's emails are in Dutch -even though I list on eBay.com- don't ask...), and immediatly after accepting I send an invoice using the eBay invoice option in the original listing. Since I do that I have not seen a cancellation by eBay. 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

tyler@ebay, in reference to the issue you announced earlier today:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Known-Issue-Orders-being-cancelled-automatically-stat...

Here is a workaround that one of the affected sellers has worked out:

@vacheron_nl wrote:

Normally I do it directly from my phone (when I wake up) and don't send any invoice; buyer get's one an hour after the sale from my SixBit database if unpaid.

But now; I do accept on a desktop (not my phone or Ipad as it redirects back and forwards to the eBay app and eBay.nl as eBay's emails are in Dutch -even though I list on eBay.com- don't ask...), and immediatly after accepting I send an invoice using the eBay invoice option in the original listing. Since I do that I have not seen a cancellation by eBay. 

Thanks for sharing that, @vacheron_nl 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply