cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Collections Gone?

I still have my collections, only now I can only reach them on my profile page. I see there is no way to Add Items to a collection anymore nor any way to remove, move, or change any items in a collection. One by one each option of using the Collections feature has been removed, now we can no longer add items either. Editing options in existing collections are now very minimal, if any.

Is there getting an actual answer to anything from Ebay? Are the Collections done for? Are you going to correct the issues or are you gradually doing away with the Collections feature?

How about an answer for the millions of members who use Collections and are asking for months now to no avail?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Are Collections Gone?

I -JUST- yesterday talked to a representative that told me the collections are "retired".  There is no word on whether the feature will come back.   Total shame.  I had Googled an article that said Ebay collections were supposedly more popular than Pinterest.....so for the life of me I can't understand why they just dropped the feature!??

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Are Collections Gone?

Hi. Collections still work, they're just different. They can only be accessed via your page as you said but you can add items by going to the item you want to add and clicking 'add to collection' twice. You can then choose which of your collection titles to put it under. Removing items has been disabled to a frustrating point; If it's an item that hasn't sold or that you had for sale yourself, it can be removed. I've had to delete whole collections because I didn't want one item any longer. 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Are Collections Gone?

I mean, those items can't (cannot) be removed. Sorry for not editing.
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Are Collections Gone?

You may not be aware.....but they must have JUST added the feature back to the page.  It WAS NOT there...and an Ebay rep told me they took it down.  I do see that it has returned, probably because of the outcry.  I am glad of that.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Are Collections Gone?

I can add to collections sometimes. Other times I can't. And what is really annoying is that sometimes Ebay decides WHICH COLLECTION to put it in!!! And then I can't remove it from the wrong collection and it can't be put into the correct collection.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Are Collections Gone?

I am experiencing everything described here. I am a seller and was relying on "My Collections" to be able to group various types of product and linked to My Collections from my items. I am not large scale and will probably never have an eBay store. So this WAS a well-functioning feature and now being destroyed as aspects of it stop working. "Add to my Collections" now spins endlessly so it appears I can't add new items to existing Collections; I am unable to edit my existing Collections to remove sold items; and only 3 of my 4 Collections shows up on my profile page.

So you see, eBay, BOTH sellers and buyers want to use Collections. The explanation I was given, that the new watch list with tabs would replace Collections is NOT satisfactory. Certainly it does nothing for sellers. But even for a buyer, eBay's categories may NOT be the collections that someone wants to have - eBay's tabs don't necessarily match the way the buyers' minds work!

EBAY, PLEASE BRING BACK "MY COLLECTIONS" TO FULL FUNCTIONALITY!!!! This is a really terrific feature, but when it's partially disabled it's very discouraging. (Can everyone who reads this call eBay support? And also use the "Tell us what you think" button on your All Selling page (if you're a seller) or on your Watch List page (if you're a buyer) to let eBay know how you feel about this feature?)
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Are Collections Gone?

Have you gone back and tried again yet?  My collections page seems to be working again!  Including being able to remove items (not sure about items that aren't yours...since I don't have those types in my collection).  The link to the collection still is on the "All Selling" page with your listings...in the sidebar under "shortcuts".  It was much more convenient when it was located under the "my Ebay" tab.  I'm just glad it all seems to be working again.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Are Collections Gone?

Not true anymore. Collections are completely gone. All methods of accessing them, including yours, is no longer there.
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Are Collections Gone?

Yes.  It's permanently removed. It was too hard for their IT staff to manage, so they got rid of it.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Are Collections Gone?

beefydog (lol btw)...that's not true.  I just accessed my collections on my computer.  If you are using the Ebay app on your phone, that may be why you don't see them.  The delete item function is still not working, however.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Are Collections Gone?

----Sorry, I stand corrected!!  My collection is still there....however it's just THERE.  They haven't deleted them but I can't delete anything nor add anything.  The "add to my collections" link on the item page IS GONE.   Really silly on Ebay's part.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Are Collections Gone?

My first three collections are there the rest can't be accessed - click on links brings only to e.g. recently viewed pages.  Cannot check most collections to transfer to watchlists. Disgraceful behaviour by ebay.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Are Collections Gone?

My collections were (supposedly) removed as I no longer have access to the "collections" button. Anyone know **bleep** is going on?
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Are Collections Gone?

If someone has their collections page loading (even if its not working) could you please link it here so I can try to access it through my account?
Message 15 of 21
latest reply