cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An ebay Announcement would be nice ??

Concerning the change in web design or if this is a technical issue they are working on? On the 3rd day and no mention from ebay about the placement of the promotional sales banner missing or located at the bottom instead of top where buyers can see it. Sales dropped to nothing for some of us since the disappearance/hidden sale banner. 

Just a we are working on it in an announcements would be something rather than ignore the issue like it doesn't exist.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: An ebay Announcement would be nice ??

Seriously this is unreal. I am already seeing a HUGE decline in sales from this.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

There's a report on Power Seller Board that the placement is intentional.......that thru tests, ebay found that buyers were skipping the info at the top of the page to get to the description, so they dropped the info to below descripton.  If they find that doesn't work as they anticipate, they will change it back.   Info came in a PM from  an Ebay employee thru Twitter or facebook, so no "official" announcement & no way to tell if correct or not.

alan@ebay

Could you get something official, publicly announced so people KNOW whether this is a glitch or what? 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I just figured out how to use it this past month. I saw sales soar for multiple orders as it was intended according to the video ebay uses to tell us about this marketing feature.  Now the marketing promotions video is still there showing the sale event at the top a it should be.  I thought this sounded great and gave it a try. Until now I had mostly done sales buy 10 get free shipping (even that moved) on cheap paperbacks, but these new promotions some of my older stock was flying off the shelves. So I created more of them. Since the placement changed- nothing not 1 multi item sale

New placement Totally defeated the purpose it intended to grab buyer attention at the start to get buyer to look at more items and buy more to save more.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

I can confirm that this is an intentional change as our initial testing showed an increase in sales when the promotion was moved closer to the description. We are keeping a close eye on this and we assure you that if this leads to a reduction of sales for our sellers, we will look into reverting back to the previous format.

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

for alan@ebay it makes no sense as most look at the title, the picture, then buy or bid.....not the very BOTTOM of the listing. why not at the top of our description....????????????? Bottom of the page? whoever came up with that knows NOTHING ABOUT ADVERTISING

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Again:  New placement Totally defeated the purpose it intended to grab buyer attention at the start to get buyer to look at more items and buy more to save more.

I have yet to see one person say yeah I am making more multi item sales now that ebay moved it? No where on the boards do I see anything but the opposite about how our sales just plummeted since the change.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

To Alan@eBay...I will not hold another "promotion" until the banner is moved back up on top.   That feature is now useless.   I guesstimate I lost about $500 a week in sales last week from your decision....especially since I wanted to really discount and "clear out" old inventory during January and February.  Maybe this will get your attention:  that translates into lost eBay fees to eBAy.    Its like having a party, but not mailing out invitations, and if a stranger shows up at your door they are presented a surprise piece of cake.   My vote is to move it back where it was...on top.  Thats my opinion.  Thanks for noting!   

Message 8 of 8
latest reply