cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer opened case Not Delivered

Think this is the place to get the right answers.

I have a buyer who opened an Item Not Delivered case against me.

Tracking shows the item Delivered in at mailbox. 

Buyer also left neg. feedback.

Can I get this case closed?Question is when should I call Customer Support? 

Before case is elevated or after it is elevated?

Buyer even said it shows delivered in her My ebay. 

Appreciate your input.

jaycee55

jaycee55

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

jaycee..sorry I didnt see this yesterday I keep the ph# next to my computer because it is impossible to find.  But it looks like it all paid off for you..I also did not see the neg any longer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure--which is: Try to please everybody. Herbert Bayard Swope

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You can either call customer support or escalate the case yourself if the site will allow you to...and just state the reason for the escalation is that tracking shows delivery and include the tracking #. I had someone do the same to me a few weeks back on a Hot Wheels car for $3...buyer said the same thing, that tracking showed delivered...ebay sided with me.

thinking about it as I type...calling might be better because you can also get the neg. removed (hopefully)

Please come back and update us with what happened.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure--which is: Try to please everybody. Herbert Bayard Swope
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Thanks Legessi, will let you know results.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Help......does any body know how to get a phone number for Support?

Not getting anywhere with resolution center or so called Help on my ebay.

thanks again, jaycee55

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

WOW getting a ph. no. is like pulling teeth. 

Finally got hold of support.  They said that the case will

be closed and the neg. fb removed.  Wonder how long

it will take.  Hope they follow thru on it.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Not seeing any negative feedbacks on your account, so looks like your phone call worked!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

jaycee..sorry I didnt see this yesterday I keep the ph# next to my computer because it is impossible to find.  But it looks like it all paid off for you..I also did not see the neg any longer.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Yes, all taken care of and only a few 2-3 minutes on hold.

No complaints about customer service. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

eBay's CS -has- improved... but part of that may be the point from which they started.

When you used tracked shipping, and you supply the tracking number to the INR case, you're almost guaranteed to be protected - eBay will close the case in your favor and you can many times get negative feedback removed.  It's not 100%, but it's gotten much better.

For best results, CALL during 9am-4pm Mountain Time, when you're most likely to get a US-based CSR.  Calling early morning may get you someone from Europe, calling in the evening or at night is likely to get you connected to someone on the other side of the planet.  I've always had the best results dealing with US agents. 

I've even had a US agent overturn a ruling coming from Europe (one client had their account suspended for selling 'prescription' meds -- until we proved the meds used to be prescription only, but went OTC over two years earlier...but retained 'prescription strength' in the name).  Even tho the suspension was supposedly permanent, we provided them detailed information and links to US Government documents proving the listed products were OTC (they were sold at every drug store in the country, for goodness sakes!).  It was a very satisfying reversal, but stressful as well.

What befuddles me, however, is why some INR claims are even allowed to be filed.  eBay knows the listing -- the buyer tells them.  They can see the sales record by connecting buyer and listing.  And they can see the tracking information because they display it for both the buyer and seller.  So why do they a) allow the buyer to open an INR claim for a sale where tracked shipping was used when they can quickly confirm delivery, and b) why do they not close these claims immediately when the seller supplies the (already known) tracking number, which proves delivery?

What's especially satisfying is when you get one of those supremely superior human beings with an overinflated sense of self-worth, a foul mouth, and a short temper.  Getting a case closed against them, when they've been cussing you up one side and down the other, claim how they are going to get you shut down.... and the case closes in your favor (they lost) and their feedback removed.  THAT feels good!!  But be sure to add them to your BBL (Blocked Bidder List) -- no need leaving the door open for them to try again.  🙂

Yes - this skeptic will agree that, in some areas and for some types of cases, eBay Customer Service is performing better.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I have told the saga of my aunt who bought some boots here only to have them delivered to THE WRONG HOUSE.  She contacted both the seller and the post office.  The PO went to the house to retrieve the item and was told that she "didnt have it".  Now you would think that someone gets a box and knows THEY didnt order the boots so should give it back to the PO.  Another wrinkle, the seller drop shipped them from Amazon.  Not sure if the recipient returned them to Amazon or just kept them.  And yes, this was WITH DELIVERY AND SIGNATURE, they just got the signature from the person at the WRONG house.  My aunt contacted the seller and the seller sent off another pair.  So everybody did eery thing right EXCEPT the item went to the wrong house.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@rosachs wrote:

eBay's CS -has- improved... but part of that may be the point from which they started.

When you used tracked shipping, and you supply the tracking number to the INR case, you're almost guaranteed to be protected - eBay will close the case in your favor and you can many times get negative feedback removed.  It's not 100%, but it's gotten much better.

For best results, CALL during 9am-4pm Mountain Time, when you're most likely to get a US-based CSR.  Calling early morning may get you someone from Europe, calling in the evening or at night is likely to get you connected to someone on the other side of the planet.  I've always had the best results dealing with US agents. 

I've even had a US agent overturn a ruling coming from Europe (one client had their account suspended for selling 'prescription' meds -- until we proved the meds used to be prescription only, but went OTC over two years earlier...but retained 'prescription strength' in the name).  Even tho the suspension was supposedly permanent, we provided them detailed information and links to US Government documents proving the listed products were OTC (they were sold at every drug store in the country, for goodness sakes!).  It was a very satisfying reversal, but stressful as well.

What befuddles me, however, is why some INR claims are even allowed to be filed.  eBay knows the listing -- the buyer tells them.  They can see the sales record by connecting buyer and listing.  And they can see the tracking information because they display it for both the buyer and seller.  So why do they a) allow the buyer to open an INR claim for a sale where tracked shipping was used when they can quickly confirm delivery, and b) why do they not close these claims immediately when the seller supplies the (already known) tracking number, which proves delivery?

What's especially satisfying is when you get one of those supremely superior human beings with an overinflated sense of self-worth, a foul mouth, and a short temper.  Getting a case closed against them, when they've been cussing you up one side and down the other, claim how they are going to get you shut down.... and the case closes in your favor (they lost) and their feedback removed.  THAT feels good!!  But be sure to add them to your BBL (Blocked Bidder List) -- no need leaving the door open for them to try again.  🙂

Yes - this skeptic will agree that, in some areas and for some types of cases, eBay Customer Service is performing better.

-Bob.

The way Ebay works is always baffling.  I remember when they would send you nasty messages about duplicate listings and threaten to ban you when all it would take would be a simple algorithm to compare your new listing to your existing ones and prevent you from listing if it was a duplicate.  I guess they finally did that but it took a while.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Follow the Contact us pages or do an internet search for the number.  We are not allowed to post it here.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply