Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post
Highlighted

Automated Reviews for items

Automated Reviews for items

cardboardglory
Adventurer

Okay one problem I've noticed so far is those automated reviews that eBay fills into an item you're selling. I sell real Marshalls but the first review some one sees is "This are FAKE" in response to buy from another seller. My customer isn't going to see it's a different seller.  They are just going to see "FAKE" and go some where else. Automated product reviews are fine. But a seller shouldn't have what is negative feedback from another seller on their listings. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES

Re: Automated Reviews for items

in reply to Jun 6, 2017 2:04:03 PM
ymeagainlord
Rockstar
You can report a review if it is basically a seller review.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 5

in reply to Jun 6, 2017 5:47:48 PM
rosachs
Guide

I wonder if the attached 'reviews' are based on title or on UPC code? 

I agree that reviews that seem to be more about a specific seller than about the product in general should be reported.  There's no telling what eBay does with such reports, but I know for certain that if no one complains, they will assume the idea is 'Making eBay Great Again' and just keep it up.

If something is wrong and no one reports it, eBay will ignore it.  If enough people report it, and when it eventually makes the online commerce news blogs, they will at least consider the idea that maybe they need to do something.

Amazon will remove seller feedback that is more Product Review than Transaction Review - eBay will likely do that same.  You can't have buyers posting "this is a fake" on reviews that you use to sell your items... it just doesn't work well for seller OR venue!!

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
V.46 Trading Assistant/Consignment/Collectible sales, since 1997!
Message 3 of 5

in reply to Jun 6, 2017 7:48:54 PM

Attached to a UPC number.

Message 4 of 5

in reply to Jun 7, 2017 10:15:54 PM
rosachs
Guide

Then the danger for eBay is that reviews are more seller-focused than product-focused.  Amazon to a letter degree due to the format -- one listing, multiple product sources.  eBay is one product, but hundreds of competing and sometime conflicting listings.

Consider the manufacturer who uses one UPC code for a product available in 12 colors.  Feedback could properly contain comments about this or that color not being true... but that comment would be shown on all listings that share that single UPC code, not just the ones for the color being commented on.

eBay's going to have to remove/block some UPC-related feedback as simply not being about the product.  Which is a short step away from removing/blocking UPC-related feedback that is not highly positive in nature...for the sake of enhancing sales.

There's a wicky-sticket.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
V.46 Trading Assistant/Consignment/Collectible sales, since 1997!
Message 5 of 5