cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identification of stamps

help identifying stamps in my possession and their value and also my corresponding mail with stamps value.

I have done so much research, stopped in to local coin and stamp appraisal dealers and I'm still not getting any answers! Anybody that really knows about stamps and their value, are pretty much beating around the bush about some of my items that I have in my possession. So if anyone can help me, I will post one picture of a stamp and you can tell me if it's worth anything... until somebody replies to this, I'm only posting the one picture but I do have a giant bag full full full of so many stamps that I don't even know what to do with LOL. I've literally spent hours and hours and hours trying to figure this out on my own but if someone's out there, and could help me. I would greatly appreciate it!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: identification of stamps

The "2 Cents 2" Washington underwent a remarkable thirty-four renditions between February 1912 and May 1921. It is referred to as "2 Cents 2" because the previous two-cent denomination, the Washington of the Third Bureau Issue, displayed the denomination at the bottom of the stamp as "Two Cents." A variety of papers, coils, watermarks, and perforations differentiate the varieties. Engravers also used a wide variety of fonts for the "2 Cents 2" Washington over the course of its many printings.

The World War I American Expeditionary Forces Booklet Pane used the "2 Cents 2" Washington design for its two-cent denomination. This denomination is the most rare booklet pane of all United States stamps.

The "Two Cent" Washington most often paid the two-cent domestic first-class rate. Patrons also commonly combined it other denominations to fulfill large weight and foreign destination rates. By the time the last "Two Cent" Washington stamps were sold, more than 73 billion had been issued.

From https://arago.si.edu/category_2029990.html

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

most were not worth much and that one has to many faults so a penny or so. you need to know the perfs and the water mark 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Advise you either buy a scott catalog or go to your main library and they should have one. Then go from there.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply