cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gum or n gum?

I live in Florida. Due to some recent hurricanes and loss of power for over a week, my AC/de-humidifier was off. Needless to say my stamps suffered from the high humidity. I collect classic Latin American stamps and stationary.I now have many early mint stamps all stuck together. Most were in zip lock bags and a few in glassines. Even the albums took a serious hit:100+ year old pages with stamps stuck to them. My question: how much will it devalue these stamps (mostly 19th century to early 20th century). It really doesnt matter to me if a stamp has original gum or not. Just my 2 centavos......I guess if its a $100+ stamp, yeah, OK, it may matter but I am just an average collector with very few high dollar stamps.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Gum or no gum?

OK. Clarification time. I was curious to see if soaking these mint stamps would devalue them substantially. If I don't soak them and pry them apart they will most definately be ruined. Is the monetary value that much different if they have no gum? Thanks everyone.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Gum or no gum?

most faulty sell for very little 2%  to 5% of scott on e-bay. so a 100.00 stamp wuld be worth 2.00 to 5.00 on most 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply