cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying 1971 Angels old timer game player gift

At least 20 years ago, I purchased an item that I believe was a player gift from an August 1971 Old Timers game, honoring the 1961 Angels and the 1961 Yankees.  I would describe it as a small trophy that has a date of August 1971, but no specific date.  It features the Big A outside the stadium.

I would like to match it with a ticket or program from that day, as I assume Mantle, Maris, Berra and other greats from that famous yankee team would be present, plus the first year Angels team.

I have tried many searches, without luck, as most famous old timers games of that era involved the Yankees.

The man who sold it to me said a relative worked for the Angels in that era.  It is farily heavy duty quality and would be too expensive to be a stadium giveaway to fans.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If the Yankees and Angels played a reunion game in Aug 71, it likely occurred either in NY on Mon Aug 9, or in CA on Thur Aug 19.   Both teams had open dates before the start of their 3 game series.   Please post an image of this if you could.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The old timers games in the 70s were usually played on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon along with a home game.

As this gift has an august date on it and it has an Angels theme almost certainly the game was played on Saturday August 21st or Sunday the 22nd.  That will help me.

thank you.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply