cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello

Hi everyone. I am new to this group and just wanted to say hi and looking forward to some of the posts on this group. I have been acquiring some items this past year and just seeing what's good and what's not. I have sold some items already on Ebay and didn't know if there was anything else I can do to boost my items besides what ebay provides. Thank you all in advance for the help.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Hello

Welcome, Nick!  eBay's own meddling has made this formerly busy, friendly, contentious, jocular forum a pale shadow of what it once was, but there are still a few knowledgeable folks on board who provide good answers and smart advice.  Be patient, they'll be along soon.  We buy often but sell only very infrequently, so we'll let them reply to your actual questions...  

slight_smile 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi Nick:
I'm not sure what the level of meddling is by Ebay, but I will go out on a limb and suggest that you also hook up with some Facebook groups who collect the same things you do. They often buy and sell, and you get to know the members.It can be fun and you will learn things there, too.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi  Nicholas,

Welcome. if I were you I would Bookmark  the URL of this group and put it on your Bookmarks bar on your computer. Because it is HELL on earth trying to find the group again once you leave the site. That's why they say eBay has meddled around, re-formatted, reorganized, basically cluster-**bleep**ed an entire network of CHAT ROOMS, WHICH DID NOT need Daddy's supervision, or Meg's (the infamous wannabe who bragged she would be the next Governer of California after spending like  900 million of her OWN cash  ----- only to lose the primary so badly, she quietly slithered away like the snake  she is.

Meg was the CEO (or whatever) of eBay for a (thank God) short period of time.

But it was during her tenure, eBay revamping began, at such a pace, that, today it  looks like a sterile hallway with the grossest, ugliest, most disgusting bathrooms in existence. Meaning: it ain't all what it seems here at old eBay.

The CHAT ROOM our group gathered in was about sport memorialbilia, trading cards, selling items, critiquing each other's auction descriptions, baseballs, vintage cards, autograph authenticating, identification of sports players, teams in photos, historical research. The people in that room were the brightest of the brightest. And many of them were personal friends with legends (such as Yogi Berra) or had met them, OR knew people who had actually played on teams with legends (my Mother''s fiancee played on the same lower league bush team as DIZZY DEAN and Dean's brother way, way back. He even showed us the old pictures in his album. He said those Dean brothers were a wild group.)

Anyway, welcome!      eBay likened us to their stepchildren, rebellious, offensive, insubordinate all the time, mocking, and down right just a pain in the ass for eBay's grandiose vision of themselves.  But I believe our CHAT ROOM time stamps recording how busy we were, those pages moved so rapidly because EVERYBODY came there to have their questions answered or to show their newest collection piece ----- or to get into BRAWLS (yep - brawls). Name calling, threats, arguments, squabbles, everyone had an OPINION, and it was fun to watch grownups get into heated discussions. And if you missed a day, didn't log on, **bleep** if you didn't miss something cool, historic, just plain "WHAT?!!" "what happened, who said what, who got sent to eBay jail?"

Darn, I miss those early days. It was exciting, informative. I learned so much! And I made a lot of loyal, true friends.

Thanks Bud

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I took a look at your listings and, understanding I sell very few post-1980 singles, I found almost all of them just right. You seem to be fair and descriptive. However, I noticed a Jerry Rice Record Breaker, I believe it was, for $3.90. Rice is one of the best of all time, but that particular issue is overly abundant, and I don't know if you'll be able to get that price. Maybe $4.25 with free shipping. Also, I saw a 1990 Barry Sanders listed as a rookie, which it is not. Sanders' rookie issues appeared in 1989.
Good luck! I think with your energy, your sales will pick up steam soon.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you I will correct and take your advice and make the corrections.

Michael
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Well to say this welcome to the forum. To start with Better pictures with the whole card centered in the picture so your corners are showing would be a start. Keep your fingers out of the piks also, no one wants to see dirty finger nails. Do some research before listing to se what has sold and for how much so you don't waste your time.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply