cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAS ANY NOTICED THEIR SALES SLOWING DUE TO EBAY ROUTING TRAFFIC FROM YOUR ACCOUNT

I am a smaller seller with a store, but sell about  50-100 items per month.  I have not had a sale in 10 days, and when this happened in August, I found out from one agent that a routing/block code had been put on my account that routed my visitors to a larger seller.

IS ANYONE EXPERIENCE SLOWER SALES? 

I also see that when I enter my items, like Amazon, ONLY THIS ISN'T AMAZON, IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A Customer to Customer relationship, eBay is pointing viewers to other items that MAY, not necessarily, match the description. Next to several items I see "you can find similar items for $x to $x) and there is a link to click before the customer ever clicks through to see your listing.

I checked on several of these items and they are not even the same, so once the customer clicks and he or she is gone, they move on to another sell and you've lost the sale.

WE NEED TO DETERMINE WHETHER EBAY IS ACCEPTING PAYMENT FROM LARGER SELLERS TO ROUTE TRAFFIC FROM SMALLER SELLERS.

I pay my bills and fees, just like the "big boys," and if eBAY wants to discourage small sellers, let's gather the information necessary to confront them. They should refund our store payments, provide use with the information they are using to route traffic from our stores, and demand this stop.

PLEASE CHECK YOUR ITEMS TO SEE IF THEY ARE BEING ROUTED TO ANOTHER SELLER, IF THERE IS A LINK ON YOUR LISTING WHEN A GENERAL SEARCH IS DONE THAT POINTS BUYERS TO OTHER ITEMS.

THIS WILL STOP AND WE NEED TO CALL EBAY NOW. NEXT STOP....... 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

HAS ANY NOTICED THEIR SALES SLOWING DUE TO EBAY ROUTING TRAFFIC FROM YOUR ACCOUNT

This is obviously NOT what you want to hear, but your prices are too high.   At least on most of your 50-60 vintage baseball/football cards.  You can make all of the excuses you want and blame ebay and the bigger sellers, but ultimately your pricing is what is driving buyers away.   Take some time and compare similiar prices on items of other users to yours, yours are higher.

Here is one of 100's of examples I can give you:

Your listing:

272871376151 2 PSA 4 62 Topps FB cards (Arnett/Karras):   $22.00

Other sellers:

122698279453   2 card PSA 6 lot with an Arnett:  6.25

372098950049 PSA 6 Karras:                                   12.50

Total            3 PSA 6 cards:                                           18.75

Let's see, I think I will wait and bid on the 3 PSA 6 cards for 18.75 and forget your 2 PSA 4 cards for $22.

FIX YOUR PRICES!

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Thanks for the input. 

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

p.s. You can listing every single item you think is overpriced, yet that is a blanket statement and doesn't apply to what is happening here. I never claimed to have the lowest priced card on eBay. I price according to market value and research. What you don't seem to understand is that ALL TRAFFIC TO MY SITE HAS STOPPED. I guarantee you that the majority of my items can not befound ANYWHERE ELSE ON EBAY, IN THE FORM THEY ARE IN. Sure, you can pick one item here and there, but I generally sell in lots, list each in painstaking detail, scan every card, and price accordingly. Why don't you compare a few of those listing with sellers who sell single cards and see if your answer makes ANY sense at all. Can you compare a lot of 20 or 25 vintage cards with any other item on eBay, as my cards are listed? The answer is no. So again, while I appreciate everyone's input on my store, I asked a question. If you are not experience the same thing, then you can post all day long, but it is irrelevat and a wast of your time.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

NONE OF THESE CARDS ARE AVAILABLE ON EBAY. WHY DO YOU WASTE TIME LIKE THIS?

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Pretty much the typical responses that a disgruntled ebay museum currator makes.  

You are correct, many of your lots are unique groupings.   However, many cards in your lots can be purchased less expensively as singles via auction or fixed price in equal or better shape.   As a collector, I am patient and I will not spend $22 on 2 PSA 4 cards, as I can wait until they are offered via auction/FP and buy the same 2 cards in PSA 6 shape + get an additional PSA 6 card all for $3 less than your 2 PSA 4s.   So, now you can go ahead and blame ebay for posting closed sell prices and/or the "savy" buyers who use the sales histroy tools available to recognize that your prices are significantly higher than the market. 

This board sees this same story over and over, sellers who blame everyone BUT themselves for their lack of sales.  Until you stop blaming others and look at the facts of your situation (pricing), you will see no change.

If sales are that important to you, why not list your items as auctions?   If you feel you have set fair prices on your items, than you should have no problems allowing the market to dictate the price of your items when you sell them by auction.  

FWIW, on my selling account my units sold in OCT were up nearly 20% over OCT LY.....then again, I price my items on/close to market pricing.......

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

You are awesome. Seeing that you spend so much time on these boards, you must never sleep!

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

And there is a 0% chance you can buy singles for the prices of my lots 0%. I'll say it again...0%

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

You asked a question, then receieved an answer that you disagree with......next step, try to disparage the person who answered your question (WITH EXAMPLES to prove the point).   Just as expected....since you have a lot of extra time on your hands because nothing of yours is selling, why don't you take a moment to answer the question about why you are not auctioning your items off and letting them sell for a market price instead of listing them using fixed price.    I guess you are afraid that they will sell below what you have them listed at.....

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

This is my last response. Simply, I posted something to see if anyone was experience a similar problem. I will not answer your question because you've offered nothing than to that point, and only that you think my store is bad and my listings stink. I am more than happy with my listings, and you are entitled to all of your many opinions. I fear nothing you've mentioned. Please stop emailing me. I understand your points and I have read everything you said.

Good day.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

1. I am not emailing you, I am posting in a public forum as you are.

2.  I do NOT think your store is bad or your listings stink.

3.  I do think your prices are higher than market prices and buyers are passing on your listings for that reason and NO other reason

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

I am not interested in getting in to a snit fit about your prices.  Your prices are your business and I'm not taking the time to look at all your listings and analyze your pricing.

However, I'm not understanding your comment saying: "I have not had a sale in 10 days".  I did take a look at your sales, for October, and see you had more than 50 sales, and at least one sale almost every day of the month.  What am I missing?

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@tonemonster-1 wrote:

This is my last response. Simply, I posted something to see if anyone was experience a similar problem. I will not answer your question because you've offered nothing than to that point, and only that you think my store is bad and my listings stink. I am more than happy with my listings, and you are entitled to all of your many opinions. I fear nothing you've mentioned. Please stop emailing me. I understand your points and I have read everything you said.

Good day.

First off, let me just say thanks for posting because this is the most action this board has seen in a long time. The responces have been great points and no need to take it the wrong way. The responders are long time posters who have been around the block and know what they are talking about.

To answer your question directly - No, I don't think re-routing has anything to do with slow sales. I experience slow sales, but it has more to do with just not having the time to research and spend the time listing, along with finding product at a price point that I can profit from. When I find time and do the proper research things pick up dramatically. I would suggest a year end clearance sale and include everything you have that hasn't sold for some time. Price is the driving motivator and shipping cost figure in as well.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

I do agree. Several people have made some great points. I've taken them to heart, as I've done yours. However, I think you will find if you look at my listings, I have done my research pretty thoroughly. Not bragging nor arguing, just stating. As you suggest, when the slow down occured, I started 2 sales, 2 promotions and zip. These sales these people keep referring to are either from auctions that were strated before this "slow down," or thourgh prior agreements. 

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

You may want to look at your pricing and research some. One of your items I came across was the 56 PSA 6 oc Reese for $120 why would I as a buyer pay that when I could have a Clean 6 for $5 more. Understanding the OC qualifier drops your card nearly 1 to 2 grades in value to most collectors is important for pricing a card. You have some nice stuff. I would try some local shows if it was possible for you rather than sell the vintage here that is ungraded. Researching pricing on Sold items and Listed items is very important.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply