cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to Speak to a Live U.S Representative to Understand Why My Item was Delisted

I listed DESICCANT as a good product to keep in gun cases and safes.

The listing was immediately cancelled.

Item: Desiccant Packs Great for Rifle - Pistol storage / shipping. Keep your guns safe 
Item number: 253615490534

Hey, what the heck is this about?

This listing is NOT a weapon, NOT a restricted item, and NOT in any way an item that should be restricted in any way.

Are eBay people so dense that they do not know what Desiccant is?
Desiccant is a crystallized powder in a paper wrap used to absorb moisture. It is one of the most common items used in packaging.

Desiccant is packaged with hundreds of thousands of expensive new products for the purpose of insuring that moisture does not damage the contents. Every iPhone comes with a small packet of Desiccant.

Why would those mindless people end this listing without at least reading it. Maybe eBay should hire more English speaking Americans who understand the language. This is absolute nonsense.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Want to Speak to a Live U.S Representative to Understand Why My Item was Delisted

Change the wording, leave the stuff about guns out.  List is as being for mositure control, great for safes etc

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Change the wording, leave the stuff about guns out.  List is as being for mositure control, great for safes etc

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the reply, but that is not a solution, just a way to list a different product,

If you were selling products for a car you wouldn't list them as household cleaners. eBay's **bleep**  attitude about the word GUN is what needs fixing. The very least that they should be doing is having a knowledgeabe person read the sales before cancelling them. It tales time, my time, to prepare a sale.  They are showing me that my time means nothing to them.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

They don't want the word gun or anything to do with the sale of guns.

Their site and their rules.

Change the wording because they are not.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Fine, two options  1- Don't sell you items 2-keep trying and get a permanent ban from EBay.  See you aren't going to change the EBay policy, so you either change, get banned, or give up.  You don't have to agree with the policy (well actually you did agree to it when you joined EBay) but you do have to follow it.  I think the way they delete some items is stupid but you either live with it or move on.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

3,232 results for the title search "GUN SAFE"
Message 6 of 6
latest reply