cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other sellers stealing my pics

I have a unique situation here.  I sell my product on ebay and amazon.  I just found a seller on ebay who bought my product on amazon and is reselling it on ebay with a 6$ price hike over my price.  (this is a product that I create and sell).  So he is using all my pictures and my exact wording on his product page.  Every picture and word for word description.  Im really not sure where to go with this.  I did file a complaint to ebay but should I contact him directly.  btw...he did not use my company name but even his title is word for word.  

Any feedback is appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@prerob_4rl8pew2w wrote:

I have a unique situation here.  I sell my product on ebay and amazon.  I just found a seller on ebay who bought my product on amazon and is reselling it on ebay with a 6$ price hike over my price.  (this is a product that I create and sell).  So he is using all my pictures and my exact wording on his product page.  Every picture and word for word description.  Im really not sure where to go with this.  I did file a complaint to ebay but should I contact him directly.  btw...he did not use my company name but even his title is word for word.  

There is nothing wrong with the seller reselling your items on eBay and inflating the price. However, using your pictures and exact wording, now that's just wrong. Not sure if ebay will even do anything about it. 

If you choose to contact the seller, he/she might just tell you to go take a hike. Just be careful what you say.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@prerob_4rl8pew2w wrote:

"The eBay User Agreement provides that listing images may be put into the catalog for use by eBay in promoting products and may be used by other sellers in their listings."

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html?rmvSB=true

Of course, this conflicts with other claims by ebay-"Images and text copied from listings of other eBay members-restricted."

Ebay used to encourage sellers to place watermarks on their pictures, now ebay is banning watermarks! Why? This may be because ebay wants the rights to any and all pictures with the exception of the Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program.

I don't know if there is anything that you can do, short of copyrighting your photos, and ebay will probably tell you to contact the person that pirated your photos.

"If you believe another eBay member has copied images and/or text from your listing, we encourage you to contact the other member to ask if they'll remove your image or text from their listing." (same link)

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 3 of 3
latest reply