cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1961 Post Baseball cards: Need help identifying If the cards I bought are fake

I recently bought a lot of 39 1961 Post Baseball cards. They arrived in the mail today and much to my dismay they were not what I thought they would be. This particular lot was supposed to all have been cut out from cereal boxes and not part of the set produced by Post. I thought they would all be cardboard stock just like that of a cereal box but they are a thin piece of paper adhered to a cut out piece of cardboard. This does not feel or look right to me but I have never owned or seen the 1961 Post cards before and would like a second opinion. Personally I think I have been scammed here but any information that can be provided on this set would be greatly appreciated. I have attached 2 pictures of 1 of the cards as an example. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I looked over some similar cards on ebay and can't really tell you for sure if your cards are the real deal or not. 

If you really feel those cards are not authentic, feel free to open a SNAD case. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

When I was a boy, I remember having some of the 1963 Post baseball cards and just as you stated, they were printed right on the back of the cereal box. I remember the cardboard inside of the box as being sort of a gray color and much heavier stock than the regular Topps cards of the time. Of course, these are my recollections of over fifty years ago. Still, they don't look right to me either. I think I would contact the seller and express your questions and concerns. Hope you'll let us know how this turns out.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply