cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squirrels

Went out front the other morning. Just scoping the situation before I let my dog out. (need to be quiet at 6am).  There was this squirrel;

I'd run into him before, he waited till I got under this 100 foot spruce and raced down to within 2 feet above my head and scolded me.  Rabies in an issue so I beat feet outta there onto the porch and grabbed a broom. We held our respective turf and I backed down first and didn't let the dog out till ****head got his pine cone and was gone.

Yesterday morning, another showdown. He raced down to the base of "his" tree and cussed me to get back in the house.  (I'm in my pj's) but I picked up a rock and threw it at him and yelled for him to get gone, he ran across the yard like we were playing ball chasing the rolling rock - so I picked up a fence board and yelled and chased him to the tree.  He ran circles round just above where I could reach - taunting me.

Tomorrow am - I'm done, letting my German Shepherd out without chasing the squirrel off first.  As she did with the last, one quick bite on the back, a flip in the air to catch and snap the neck and it's over. Sorry to see it but it's natures way and I shouldn't have tried to butt in-  in the first place. Makes me sad though....

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Squirrels

@stonevintage

yep squirrels are goofy little things.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply