cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Hearts Day!

Because who couldn't use some Dino humor? HaPPY  HeARTS  DaY, Ya'll!Because who couldn't use some Dino humor? HaPPY HeARTS DaY, Ya'll!-

Lucas

*still rollin' with the punches*

Sophie - Forever Sidekick: Apr 2007 to Sep 05, 2017

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Happy Hearts Day!

Happy "this ..... much" day!!

And adding some "that ..... much .... too"!!

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Happy Hearts Day!

Happy "this much" day to everyone 🙂

My cat Rowdy wrote you a poem

Screenshot_2018-02-14-17-05-52_kindlephoto-159928142.png

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Happy Hearts Day!

That is definitely a cat theme.  I still have mice (back again), plenty of "food" here for a cat.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Happy Hearts Day!

I am cooking her favorite food, and I got her a bottle of wine.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Happy Hearts Day!

That reminds me, I'm hungry.

I had a coincidentally nice call today. Had to talk with ins about a review paperwork, I'm unsure how to complete, and was not looking forward to it. Wound up w/someone who'd had an accident same year as me, so that dreaded unpleasant call to a robo bureaucracy, turned into a chance for two people to connect and both get a chance to vent and heal a little. A very nice valentine's day surprise.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Happy Hearts Day!

@cheri--b

I like to be nice to CS workers, monkey charm.

I ask about the weather first.

Got a girl in Brazil, it was warm and she was going to the beach after work.

I was under a foot of snow.

We talked about travel for a bit.

and she solved my problem in seconds.

Monkey charm, works every time.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Happy Hearts Day!

Sounds like a great method. Will have to try it. I'm a straight to the point, and chit chat after type.

There wasn't a good answer to my question. I was dreading the impatient reaction and repetition of some form-line-explanation that would make me regret I'd even picked up the phone.  As it was I had to wait over 1 hour for the callback, then remember what I was calling about... <dizzy_face>. So the chuckling at answers & between the line remarks, helped answer "in spite" of the answer script, lol.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Happy Hearts Day!

@cheri--b

My wife works in a medical call center, so every day I hear about the jerk callers.

In my life, I have found if you put a human touch... you get better results.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Happy Hearts Day!

My dad does that too. Smoozes. I'm not rude (when I get on) and try not to get stressed out. I ask their name even if they've said it. At the end try to thank by name. But between, I try for friendly tone of voice, but not small talk. Unless they have a cold I can hear, and then I wish them well with it before I start. Not my personality, I'll have to work on it...  I always figure they're paid by the time and I shouldn't waste their time with meaningless exchange.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Happy Hearts Day!

@cheri--b

@cheri--b wrote:

My dad does that too. Smoozes. I'm not rude (when I get on) and try not to get stressed out. I ask their name even if they've said it. At the end try to thank by name. But between, I try for friendly tone of voice, but not small talk. Unless they have a cold I can hear, and then I wish them well with it before I start. Not my personality, I'll have to work on it...  I always figure they're paid by the time and I shouldn't waste their time with meaningless exchange.

I don't consider it sucking up or Smoozing,

I have worked with pilots and mechanics from all around the world.

And in the seconds that it takes for CS to pull up my account.

I can make small talk,  How is the weather...

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Happy Hearts Day!

Sucking up is a different concept. Schmoozing is not negative. It's being friendly. It's what you do at the fence with your neighbor or as you walk through a park...  Chitchat to make a warm connection.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Happy Hearts Day!

@cheri--b

@cheri--b wrote:

Sucking up is a different concept. Schmoozing is not negative. It's being friendly. It's what you do at the fence with your neighbor or as you walk through a park...  Chitchat to make a warm connection.

Bad choice of words on my part... lol

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Happy Hearts Day!

Wasn't offended :). My dad's not sucking up. He really does enjoy these aimless chats. He's a very outgoing person.

So what's the favorite food? I'm still hungry. There's a solution but I have to get up to do that.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Happy Hearts Day!

@cheri--b

Lasagna with about 5 pounds of meat.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply