cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with ID - 830 Silver Baroque Serving Fork - Dutch or German?

Hi All, I need some help identifing an 830 fork that I have recently acquired. The piece measures 5 1/2" long x 2 1/8" wide at its widest. It is flat and has four tines. The details on the piece include a face and floral decorations. The marks that I can decipher read "830," Silver," a right facing lion, a mark that includes a star and then an "N" and then two other characters that I can not read and two other hallmarks, one of which I think is the date letter and seems to be an 'O". I would appreciate any help, both in identifying the function of this piece and the country of origin and possible dates. Thanks and please see the attached photos. D

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@dragonsbreath9493  Very interesting piece ... perhaps a Pastry or Asparagus fork ... 830 I do believe refers to the silver content.  Possibly from Norway ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It's .830 silver Dutch fork. Not sure of the maker or it's function. Appears to be late 19th c.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Could it be a hair comb?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 4 of 4
latest reply