cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clever TOWLE mark?

Good morning all! I've been absolutely consumed with identifying the patterns I have and am about 98% through with a great level of success in part due to you fine folks! This guy I've had to put aside multiple times because I get very frustrated... the stamps from left to right read as follows: the first Mark is in a rectangle capital T with a picture of an owl and a capital E.... next reads Capital C. Capital E. Rogers A1. Now and all the variations of the Rogers name I can locate  a C Rogers but not the C.E. with the additional mark. Now I just hit me out of the blue this morning that the the with the owl could be a clever way to spell out T-OWL-E. ( and if it's not it is really a very clever way to have the TOWLE mark). So I of course stop searching for The elusive CD Rogers and focused on antique Towle marks.. the closest I've gotten to it appears to be the Stuart pattern of 1899. There are a few simpler beaded patterns but it's just not it. Any ideas20171230_105208.jpg

20171230_105217.jpg

20171230_105200.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Clever TOWLE mark?

The mark is A.F. Towle & Sons

Screenshot_2.jpg

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Clever TOWLE mark?

Ha! Many thanks I was so focused on the Rogers portion, off to find my pattern!
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Clever TOWLE mark?

and the pattern is called Priscilla 

http://www.sterlingflatwarefashions.com/SPPatterns/AFTowle.html

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Clever TOWLE mark?

ooh, sorry, I jumped the shark there!  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Clever TOWLE mark?

Excellent thank you I had just clicked on the pattern to examine more closely and your reply came through! Now of course I think this is the silverplate version as I am assuming even in 1897 things that were Sterling must be marked Sterling. It does mention that that particular pattern was produced in Sterling as well as silverplate.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Clever TOWLE mark?

"A1" is certainly the way the Brits mark silverplate; so, I imagine it means the same here.

Lea
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Clever TOWLE mark?

Thanks! Happy New Year!
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Clever TOWLE mark?

You solved a riddle for me! Many thanks!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply