cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1936 coronation.. what?

1936 Community coronation, I have seen this pierced piece referred to now as: tomato ,bon bon ,absinthe and tea bag...tool. lol. And three of these came from Silver sites. Definitive answer from you fine folks would be much appreciated! 15135281574921444436374.jpg

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

1936 coronation.. what?

@collectorheaven  My turn to LOL!  I would go with the Tomato server, its common terminology from what I understand.  The round end looks flat so its not nuts or bon bons, they would roll off the sides, the pierced spoons for those items are usually smaller and have sides or a deeper "spoon" shaped end like the pic below.

SEAS-BON-2.JPG

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

1936 coronation.. what?

Why is this showing in my feed?

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

1936 coronation.. what?

@watchmystuffgo  If you joined the Group then you will be put on the list to receive notifications of posts ... that's what I've figured out anyway ... I think if you go to the Group - Collectibles - etc there should be an Unsubscribe which should take you off the list for notifications ... not sure to "unjoin" a group but am still looking for that.

Regards,
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

1936 coronation.. what?

I'm not sure .? any where that I've ever posted a question or group I have joined shows up automatically in my information feed. I actually appreciate it because it keeps me up-to-date on topics that I enjoy.
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

1936 coronation.. what?

Slotted spoon - still sold today - to allow the water/juice to drain off the veggies back into the serving bowl so you dont get everything else on your plate all wet.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

1936 coronation.. what?

Small though at only four and a half inches. And very flat. the spoon Bowl is not really a bowl at all. TOmato/ToMAto . Tomato it is!
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

1936 coronation.. what?

I was off by a little bit it's only three and a half inches..
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

1936 coronation.. what?

Thanks for the info!!

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

1936 coronation.. what?

in the Coronation pattern the bon bon or nut spoon is 4 1/2 in long and the tomato server is 7 3/4 in long. Both are the same shape.

https://www.replacements.com/webquote/ohscor.htm

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

1936 coronation.. what?

A bon bon spoon is about the size of a sugar spoon but a little more flat.  I always wondered why they dont just use tongs for the bon bons.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

1936 coronation.. what?

@rixstuff 

@rixstuff wrote:

A bon bon spoon is about the size of a sugar spoon but a little more flat.  I always wondered why they dont just use tongs for the bon bons.

Send me some bon bons and I'll do a comprehensive study and get back to you with an answer ... 1 - 2 pounds should be plenty ...

Regards,
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

1936 coronation.. what?

with nuts?

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

1936 coronation.. what?

I have a few sets of those too! Just in case you have some bon bons for your Christmas Eve party ! Speaking of which, is there a specific name for the style of tong that has talons? I have a few sets ranging from the almost cartoonish to a set that looks absolutely terrifying right down to every crease in the knuckle and extraordinarily sharp ends. " bird tongs" sounds almost offensive.. 🙂
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

1936 coronation.. what?

@rixstuff

@rixstuff wrote:

with nuts?

ABSOLUTELY!

Regards,
Message 15 of 23
latest reply