cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipcover just don't pay save the money or use usps . jan 2021

years wasting my money with shipcover ''ship cover ''  insurance ... first package lost could no file a claim until 30 days after , so that alone is a lot of room for scamers so i waited 30 days but really 31 days until i could file a claim i was not allowed for some reason at 30 days so is integrated with ebay so package its lost ebay refunded the buyer 180 dlls. shipped signature confirmation so no doubt its lost. easy claim, right?? NO

mail from shipcover just says one thing and nothing else DENIED.

THAT IS IT. so save your money don't waste money like me i was even insuring items starting at 40 dlls i was so wrong just for that, but i feel bad if the item can be lost and just like that lose the money but there is no alternative. maybe usps will pay if lost and you wait for 15 days but if you refund the buyer then the item arrive later guess what?

you need to send the money back to usps even if you already refund the customer so.

the worst is shipcover because its plain and simple proof everywhere but they just decide to denied the claim. no explanation. 

32 days now package has not arrived will try to intercept package 14 dlls more but its only option now

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

update . thanks i did ship priority filed usps claim usps  approved me a check for 107 dlls.

so i don't need more from this guys ship cover i cut my losses to 80. plus shipping  leason learned

never using them again. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Please contact us with your ShipCover claim number or eBay Item number.  These messages are often automated and generated if the claim is filed too early – prior to the 30 day  waiting period calculated to the exact millisecond.  But if you’d like to contact us via phone, email or chat, we’ll be more than happy to look it up for you. 

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I've had nothing but good experiences with Shipcover insurance for the few claims I have filed. The filing process was super easy and the payment was quick. My only issue is the coverage does not include the cost of postage which can be very high for international shipments.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Do follow up on here, so the rest of us can see if Shipcover takes care of you.  It seems really bogus to just deny a claim without reason though; in fact, our friends over the pond would call that dodgy.

FYI, Priority Mail comes with $50 to $100 included insurance anyway just to let you know, and historically I averaged less than a 1% loss by USPS.  Only in the Holiday Season of 2020 did USPS ever lose a package, and I am not convinced it wasn't my mailman's fault.  At any rate, my losses are $5.25 in postage and a $21 item, so $26.25 lost on over 100 packages.  There is no way you could buy insurance on all those packages for that.  My personal recommendation is to decide if it is cheaper to self-insure.  What if you just figured everything $50 and above is almost certainly going Priority-Mail anyway?

For me most First-Class items have been inexpensive, so I take the risk.  For an item $75 or more, I would almost certainly send it Priority-Mail.  Right now with USPS messed up $50 or more, I would probably send it Priority-Mail anyway.  Via USPS is about $2.05 more to add an extra $100 insurance on top of the $100 you can get included; hence, I am probably not buying that extra up to $100 coverage until a package is $150 or more in which case, I think ShipCover is a bit cheaper at maybe $1.70 per $100, BUT on a $150 or $180 item, wouldn't that be $3.40 because unlike Priority-Mail you have to pay on the first $100?

I would reasonably expect USPS to pay a claim for a truly lost package though I would doubt a damaged package would be paid for without a denial.

I like that Shipcover answering you on this forum though... that is something USPS certainly will not do.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

UPDATE : STILL NOTHING

OK I SENT AN EMAIL ASKING FOR ANSWERS THEY SAID IT WAS ''NOT DENIED ''BUT BECAUSE I FILED BEFORE 30 DAYS ( WHICH I DID NOT ).  THAT IT WAS JUST ''ON HOLD''.  BUT IS NOT.   ITS STILL DENIED ON MY END

WHEN YOU GO TROUGH THE SYSTEM  IT WILL NOT ALOW YOU TO FILE BEFORE ITS JUST NOT POSSIBLE BUT THEY SAID THAT NOW WILL BE REOPEN BUT THE BUYER NOW NEEDS TO VERIFY THE CLAIM. AND GUESS WHAT ...THEY WIL NOT DO IT IT BECAUSE I RUINED THEIR CHRISTMAS NOT DELIVERING THE TOY ON TIME .

IT   DOES NOT MATTER ITS INTEGRATED  WITH EBAY AS ADVERTISED , I READ THAT THE ONLY THING NEEDED WAS YOUR BUYER TO OPEN A CASE AND THEY WIL TAKE CARE OF THE CLAIM PROOF FROM THERE. I MEAN ITS ALL THERE. NO NOW THE BUYER NEEDS TO VERIFY ?

I TOLD THEM I CAN SEND PICTURES WITH PROOF OF THE REFUND AND THAT THE PACKAGE ITS STILL LOST TILL TODAY. BUT THEY SAID ITS ON HOLD BUT THE CLAIM ON MY END STILL STILL SAYS DENIED SO NOT EASY AS YOU THINK ITS JUST A WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME.

NETWIZZ YES PRIORITY ITS BETTER BUT EXTRA INSURANCE TO 180 SIGNATURE REQUIRED YOU PAY A LOT MAYBE IF WHEN YOU SELL VERY FEW  ITEMS AT THIS PRICE  IT MAKES SENSE IF YOU DON'T KNOW SHIP COVER WILL DO THIS.

YOU ARE DOING IT RIGHT I WILL DO THE SAME . BUT I  SELL A LOT OF MY ITEMS AROUND THAT PRICE SO I WAS THINKING I WAS SAVING MONEY INTEGRATED  WITH EBAY INSURANCE WIN WIN,  BUT NO.

I'M NOT REALLY NEW TO EBAY I HAVE 3 STORES 3100 ITEMS SO FAR. I NEVER HAD TO FILE A CLAIM WITH SHIPCOVER NOW ALL I SELL WILL BE USPS INSURANCE AND HOPE FOR THE BEST.

IM NOT TRYING NOW TO SEE WHAT ITS MY BEST OPTION I KNOW NOW WE ARE NOT VERY PROTECTED EVEN WITH INSURANCE ANYWAY LIKE IF USPS DELIVERS THE ITEM AFTER YOU REFUND YOUR BUYER AND CLAIM WAS PAID THE USPS  WILL ASK FOR THE CHECK ( MONEY )BACK SO AFTER REFUND THE CUSTOMER GOOD LUCK ----THAT WAS MY DEALBREAKER.

THE THING IS THAT SHIP COVER HAS NOT BEEN LEGAL TO ME. I SOLD 15 MORE ITEMS WITH INSURANCE SINCE THIS.  IM NOT USING THEM 

I WILL UPLOAD PICTURES OF THE REALLY LITTLE NO INFO HAVE FROM THEM AFTER ALL THIS IS DONE. THIS IS JUST A PAIN TO DEAL AND WHAT ABOUT ALL THAT MONEY WASTED TOO

I MEAN WE HAVE TO LIST ITEMS YOU KNOW THIS SHOULD BE JUST PROCEDURE. 

I UPLOAD THIS BECAUSE I WAS LOOKING CLUES BEFORE WHEN I STARTED TO INSURE I COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING.

SO PROBABLY AT LEAST GIVES SOME KIND OF AN IDEA TO ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING. ON 2021

SHIP COVER YOU CAN NOT FILE UNTIL 30 DAYS RECOMMEND YOU 32 DAYS TO BE SAFE OF EXCUSES  (USPS 15 DAYS) MORE EXPENSIVE BUT AT LEAST IS REAL.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Am having trouble reading what you said.  It is like a shouting rant.

Okay, so they denied you indicating that you provided inadequate proof... You need to buyer to make an affidavit or something?

Can you attach what ShipCover provided you but redact any personal info while posting it.   I want to see what they expect you to do.   Maybe we can help here.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I know i'm so bad at writing please forgive that i even try to read it its too much but yes im angry.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

update . thanks i did ship priority filed usps claim usps  approved me a check for 107 dlls.

so i don't need more from this guys ship cover i cut my losses to 80. plus shipping  leason learned

never using them again. 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

no need anything more from you shipcover usps accepted my claim since i shipped priority. i cut my loses 

thanks for nothing.

what a easiest claim this was

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

update: great news  was able to intercept the package before delivered its now coming to my address.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Paragraphs and turning your Caps Lock off will get you better results on this or any online forum.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

yes i was dizzy reading it myself. too late

another lesson learned.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Sounds like you have been reimbursed $107 by USPS and will soon receive this item back via an intercept return.  Hmmm sounds like  double dipping

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

It is on USPS to deal with that at this point,  it yes it would be double-dipping.   Technically it is now property of USPS.

$107 doesn’t cover the loss of a $180 item.   If it doesn’t come back be certain you file with ShipCover or appeal.  Do keep in mind they possibly have subrogation rights though I didn’t read that in the terms.

Can you provide the tracking number and confirmed you shipped it via eBay and not a different service?

Your claim is.. Lost.  Status is denied.   Item is an action figure.

LOST IS COVERED:

I. Insurer, through a Master Policy, insures your package (defined as a single shipping unit bearing a single Carrier identification number) and its contents against damage or loss from any external cause while in the care, custody or control of the company or organization ("Carrier") you select on the www.ebay.com website to deliver a Package to an eBay purchaser.

Let’s see...  you shipped an action figure, which an action figure is not excluded per any exclusion in II like “H. Any weapon of war employing atomic fission or radioactive force whether in time of peace or war.”

YOUR ITEM SHOULD BE COVERED PER:

https://pages.ebay.com/insurance/shipping/coverage.html

What is the tracking number?   Was there tracking details when you filed?

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

You might try this:

f your buyer cannot or will not verify the claim using these instructions, after your claim has been open for 30 days, you may send a copy of your buyer’s original message about the loss or damage, along with a copy of your full ****** transaction details for this sale, to ***************************** and we will be happy to manually review your claim.  Thank you!

At least that is the bull**bleep** posted on BBB:

https://www.bbb.org/us/mo/saint-louis/profile/insurance-services-office/parcel-insurance-plan-0734-1...

It sounds very Scammy to me being no where in their terms does it say that the buyer is required to verify the complaint.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply