cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about shipping

do you wait until your item has sold to put your package dementions 

and do you use ebay or pirate ship for shipping  ??

thank you  this has been very helpful 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

question about shipping

@thejesso 

I put my dimensions in the listing and also double-check them when I pay for my labels on eBay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

question about shipping

Enter package dimensions and weight on the listing form before you post your item for sale.

After it sells, verify the dimensions and weight are accurate before purchasing the label.

Where you purchase the label is up to you.

As a new seller, I suggest using calculated shipping in your listings based on accurate dimensions and weight. Most of your items would ship with USPS Ground Advantage, though UPS Ground is another solid choice for items over a pound. Make sure the service offered on your listing is the service you select when purchasing the label.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

question about shipping

Typically i do not put in the dimensions on most of my items unless it is a large, heavy item.

I try to simplify my shipping. My shipping label is Economy Shipping (7-10 days) with 3 days handling. I like to get out my items same or next day. I make sure what i am selling fits in a USPS Flat rate box and put a flat rate shipping for the amount posted on my listing. This way i can exceed the customers shipping expectations on how long it takes to get.

I like the USPS priority Mail flat rate boxes (USA Shipping). It can get a little more expensive but if purchased through Ebay, it comes with $100 insurance. With flat rate boxes, you don't have to measure (if it fits) or weigh (Up to 75 pounds per package) your packages. You can order FREE boxes through USPS website and have them delivered to you. Another perk of using USPS is that you can schedule your courier to pick up your shipments. Saves time and saves money not spending on boxes. (Free Priority Mail Boxes) Priority mail shipping is comparable from Ebay vs. Pirate.

Of course if you are selling items on the lower side of retail ($5-$25), using the flat rate boxes may not make sense.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

question about shipping

It depends on the size and weight of the item. If it's small and under a pound  I will just offer free shipping and factor in the cost of USPS Ground advantage, same goes for items that fit in flat rate envelopes and boxes since it's the same regardless of location. For larger items  I use calculated shipping in the listings based on accurate dimensions and weight because the actual cost varies significantly depending on the destination. I used eBay for shipping because of the discount and convenance but I also have an account with endicia which I use when eBay shipping malfunctions which it does from time to time.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply