cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ordered three, got two... now what?

i ordered three flags from a sellers.  they sent TWO flags, yet indicated they had sent all three and used the same tracking number for all three flags.

when i pick the "not received" choice on the dispute form, it says "there's a tracking number, so you DID receive it, no case for you!"  i picked 'not as discribed' since i ordered three and got two. 

the options on the form offered 'get a refund' or 'ask seller to send another and we'll charge your credit card for this new purchase'.  i didn't want to be charged again, so i selected refund.  i included a message to the seller letting them know that the third flag was not included and if they don't have it to send, just issue a refund. 

naturally, the seller replies back that i should return the 'not as described' flag (that i never received) an gives me a return postage label.  the seller is located in california, the package shipped from new jersey, however, their contact ph# number is located in Lithuania. 

what is the correct path to follow here? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: ordered three, got two... now what?

Were all 3 flags purchased in one transaction? from one listing?

Did you open a claim just on the one? or does it include all 3?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

When you have a delivered tracking number but the item is missing --

your return request should be for Missing parts or pieces --

and then you return the item that you did not receive --

enclose the return page convo -- to get a refund.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@lintbrush*, thank you for replying!

i ordered three all in one transaction.  all three different items (not all the same, each one different) were given the same tracking number. 

i opened a case on just the one not-received item in ebay, the obvious choice is 'item not received' but there is a tracking number that says delivered so ebay will not accept that as a reason to open a case.  i contacted the  seller, got no answer.

i selected 'not as described' since i ordered three and got two.  options offered were 'get a refund' or 'buy another one, you will be charged for the new purchase'.  i selected refund and the seller sent me a postage paid return label.

i called ebay, the helpful rep offered to open a 'not received' case, but when i dryly pointed out there was a tracking number she said 'oh yeah.  that won't work'.  she then wanted to help me open a 'missing parts or pieces' claim, and i dryly advised that i hadn't receive ANY of it, let alone part of it, and couldn't return what i hadn't received, she said 'oh yeah.  that won't work'.  she then brightly replied that it's a 'not as described' case. 

i advised i already opened one of those and now am looking at a return label.  what should i do?

ebay gave me the seller's phone number (in Lithuania), return shipping address is california, items shipped from new jersey. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

"and then you return the item that you did not receive --"

curious face... how can i return what i didn't receive? is there a way to change the claim to missing parts and pieces? i actually want to keep the two flags i did receive...
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You have the most ideal, compartmentalized problem:

The other two flags have their own listing numbers, 

and thus are not involved in this return request.

Just enclose a printout of the email convo --

explaining that this flag was not received.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

ha!  in a clever twist to this story the seller sends me a note, saying;

"Due to our mistakes in handling, we accidentally agreed to your refund request. You can ignore that application and it expires automatically. Your tracking number of (the missing item) is (same tracking number of package already sent). Your order was already delivered on Mar 7. Have a nice day!"

so.... they agreed to the return by mistake?  i'm supposed to ignore the application?  why do i get the feeling that i won't get either the flag or a refund...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Your seller is anxious that you're distracted from the return label.

The delivered tracking is moot: Obviously it must be delivered before return.

Ignore the foolery: Return the printout of the convo as discussed --

then if the seller has not refunded in 6 business days after return delivery --

go back to the returns page and click Ask eBay to step in it.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply