cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to return MacBook

hello. I bought MacBook Pro, that works perfectly by description. after using its started to crash every time after awakening. apple support said that problem with ssd and it doesn't match to serial number ssd, but seller didnt mention it, and he started to ignore me with my problem, and I cannot reach eBay support anyway

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: how to return MacBook

no need to call Ebay, you have thirty days to file an item not as described case on Ebay, use the Resolution Center, below. If its past that, you can file at Paypal, you have six months there.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: how to return MacBook

If it was sold as "used" and without any expressed caveats, and when you received it was not working as one would expect a good used laptop would work, then I think you have a fair case for return using the principle as not-as-described.  I'd go into your eBay Purchase History, choose "Return This Item", and then select "Not As Described".

I wouldn't put any focus on the fact that there is an aftermarket SSD inside - used computers have often been altered since their manufacture.  What's important here is that the laptop doesn't work as a reasonable buyer of a good used laptop would expect.

If it is a "user" issue (you did an upgrade or dropped it or ? that led to misbehavior of the machine), then as a seller I'd be concerned that the buyer manipulated the machine and now as a seller I need to eat a lot of costs and take risks due to an wild-west buyer.

Generally I find simplicity the best course of action.  Avoid rants and diatribes, and instead say "not as described" - Detail:  "laptop is unreliable: crashes consistently at wake, requiring frequent reboots".

Message 3 of 3
latest reply