cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay taking media mail restrictions too far.

DVDs are eligible for MM and yet I just got this e-mail from eBay-

mm.png

I know I can purchase the MM labels from one of my shipping providers, but still- this is ridiculous.

USPS Media Mail Guidelines 

velvet@ebay jasmen@ebay- Is eBay attempting to phase out Media Mail entirely from being offered through eBay labels?

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

We've heard back that the email included incorrect categories and/or listings. Given the USPS determines the eligibility of items that may be shipped using Media Mail - the email was intended to provide a heads up of sorts, for any sellers that may have been offering it incorrectly. We're not blocking any new/additional categories though, and you can expect to receive a corrected email soon. Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 31 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Mine is showing it is not even available for books. This has to be an error on ebay's part. Capture.PNG

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

I received this email -- 6 of my items are Books in the "Book" category, and two are in a subcategory of a Business Equipment, called "... Manuals & Books"

Listed first on the USPS Media Mail list, "Books"

I tried to do the survey, and it comes back as error -- wants valid email address? Anyone else have this problem?

eBay needs to fix this!  How do we get their attention?

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

I just got this same email about Vinyl Records and Cd's i have for sale.

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

This is what the survey looks like- I haven't filled it out yet-

mmsurvey.png

Message 5 of 46
latest reply

FREAKIN' REDONKULOUS! 

Dear James,

Your account has active listings that offer USPS Media Mail as a shipping service option in categories that aren’t eligible for Media Mail under USPS rules. In addition, eBay Labels does not support shipping label printing for Media Mail in these categories.

In order to prevent buyers from selecting Media Mail for listings that aren’t eligible for the service, we recommend you update your active listings to remove Media Mail as a shipping service option for items in those categories. For new listings in those categories, Media Mail won’t be an available shipping service.

Below is a summary of the top categories in which you have the most active listings. Please note that you may have active listings in additional categories:
Category ID:176985
Number of listings:  1147
Category Name:MUSIC:VINYL RECORDS
Category ID:261186
Number of listings:  12
Category Name:BOOKS & MAGAZINES:BOOKS
If you believe a particular category should be eligible for Media Mail support via eBay Labels, please provide details in this short survey.
Message 6 of 46
latest reply

i got the same thing today for books i have listed. its gotta be an error. glad im not the only one

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

yea i found that odd too but it is a legit ebay email. dumb that they have that error though lol

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

It will be interesting to find out what's going on here- whether MM is being eliminated completely from eBay labels or if this is a really backwards attempt at cleaning up the categories where it's offered.

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

I got this same email - they are saying all of my books, dvds, etc don't qualify for media mail!??

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

yes, same happened to me

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

mine looks like yours - all books no longer qualify?

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

The e-mail is very misleading saying that the listings offering MM are in- "categories that aren't eligible for Media Mail shipping under USPS rules." Most books, DVDs, etc are clearly eligible under USPS rules.

Message 13 of 46
latest reply

just checked the USPS website to see if anything changed about media mail - no, it did not - this email sent is not accurate whatsoever -  what i have under media mail is 100% accurate

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

Well, I guess I'm in good company.

Yea, the survey is bogus. It wanted categories but that failed in the site.
I wonder if we got hacked. 

At this time, Oct 4 2021 1130 PDT facebook took a hit and was still down in my neck of the woods.
I would usually call eBay, but I won't bother at this juncture.
Good luck to my fellow sellers out there.

Message 15 of 46
latest reply