cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay noted as "delivery in 4 days" with 3 day handling time???

I noticed all of my listings say "delivery in 4 days" in bold red. considering each listing has a 3 day handling period, how can that be? it's just realistic and builds buyer expectation, which if not fulfilled, seems like it leaves the door open to negative feedback. has that always been there and I never noticed? can I get that removed?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

When you look at your own listing, you see the estimated delivery time for a buyer in your on ZIP Code.  I looked at one of your listings and it showed estimated delivery to me for October 29.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Yikes, this was an issue back in the Summer and I thought it had been fixed.  It will help your sales, but you will get a ton of people looking for their order.  I have reported the issue to customer service multiple times.

eBay has removed 3 negative feedbacks for me from buyers who were expecting their item faster than possible.

I also have a 3 day handling time and ship via 1st class mail.   Buyer's were still being given "guaranteed delivery" dates.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

When you look at your own listing, you see the estimated delivery time for a buyer in your on ZIP Code.  I looked at one of your listings and it showed estimated delivery to me for October 29.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect 

thanks--I just figured it out right before clicking back over to the thread and saw your response...kind of feel like a bit dummy on this one. thanks again!!!

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

if you can't ship, don't sell.  you can print labels at home, usps will pick them up, or fedex can be dropped off at officemax or walgreens, ups can be dropped at many places (look it up for your area).  there is no good reason for a 3 day handling time other than laziness.  so many sellers print a label and sit on it.  as a buyer, it is absolutely infuriating

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Excellent reasons to put an extended handling time. I put a 5 day handling time on all of my listings.

I ship every single day. But recently USPS needs extra handling time. 

eBay puts a guaranteed delivery date like it is April 2018. First class/priority packages simply don't always get delivered in 2-3 days anymore. Package will just sit in the sort facility for 2 weeks. If customer is expecting GuArAnTeEd DeLiVeRy in 3 days they are going to ask for a refund in 5.

I want my customers to EXPECT to get it in 10 days and then get it in 3. 

Not expect to get it in 3 and then get it in 10 

eBay puts this GUARANTEED DELIVERY DATE. It serves no other purpose then to dissapoint customers. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Can't agree more with this.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

"I put a 5 day handling time on all of my listings."

I avoid these listings like the plague. Handling time should be no more than 2.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@bing201 wrote:

if you can't ship, don't sell.  you can print labels at home, usps will pick them up, or fedex can be dropped off at officemax or walgreens, ups can be dropped at many places (look it up for your area).  there is no good reason for a 3 day handling time other than laziness.  so many sellers print a label and sit on it.  as a buyer, it is absolutely infuriating

My handling time is 3 days. It is not based on laziness.

My carrier can pick up oddly early. Well I suppose I am lazy in that I do not want to make a 25 mile drive to then get my package out.

I can have power outages.

I can have carrier weather delays.(delay pick up)

I can have internet outages.

I can have personal issues.

Being on the east coast, any purchase before 2:59:59AM Pacific time, even though I do not know about it until I get up, shortens my shipping days allotment.

Estimated delivery time is shown to the buyer. If that does not suit their needs the can move on.

By the way. Print a label, and sit on it does nothing for a seller. Seller must get a carrier scan within their handling time, or get a ding from eBay.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@wheeler1044 wrote:

Can't agree more with this.

any buyer that does not like my handling time/estimated delivery time, is more than welcome to hit the back button, and move along.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

And I do..... 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@wheeler1044 wrote:

And I do..... 

And that is a wonderful thing for both of us🙂

Prime example of why I need to do it. At this very moment my telephone service is out. Internet would likely be out as well if I had not switched to satellite service for my internet. 

Many miles to drive in any direction get any internet service.  Many miles to drive back home to pack up an item to ship if I have sales, and then on to a library to purchase/print my label (if it is open), but I suppose if I can not meet everyone's expectations 24/7/365 I should not be a seller on eBay.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

and yet, they sit on it for 4 or 5 days.  why is that?

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

exactly.  if you need to go to the library to print a label, you shouldn't be selling on ebay.  fact.

you are great at making excuses, really bad at ebay

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply