cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay allows sellers to cheat

The item I've ordered for six months ago still didn't arrive.

I've contacted the seller several times and they've asked me to wait some more time as they promised to solve the issue asap... but the item still didn't arrive after six months.

I've also reported to eBay, but they closed my case after several days of "inactivity".

Now anytime I try to reopen the case on eBay I get the message:
We're sorry, there are no items that match your search... Please try again.

So, the seller got the money, didn't deliver the item and eBay simply don't care.

Order number: 174131508324-2190140691007
Order date: 05 Aug, 2020

No more eBay for me as long as this issue is not resolved.

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

@seagul_123

You only have 30 days past the estimated delivery date to file a claim on Ebay.

If you paid with Pay Pal, they give you 180 days to file a claim.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 71
latest reply

Ebay can't help you. You waited too long.

Ebay has an excellent  money back guarantee, but you have to follow the guidelines, which state that a case can only be opened for thirty days after the estimated delivery date.  The money back guarantee is posted on practically every item sold on Ebay. Why did you choose not to take advantage of it?

Paypal gives you 180 days from the date of purchase. If that's how you paid, open a Paypal case for item not received NOW. Your time is almost up.

If you used a credit or debit card, you have 60 days up to one year to open a case, depending on the card.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 71
latest reply

eBay didn't allow your seller to cheat. Your ignorance of how eBay works and the money back guarantee allowed the seller to cheat.  Before you do anything else on this site, you should familiarize yourself with the money back guarantee and any other pertinent eBay policies.

Message 4 of 71
latest reply

It wasn't ebay that allowed the seller to cheat.

It was you.

Message 5 of 71
latest reply

I've filed a claim to eBay after five days have past the estimated delivery time.
eBay recommended me to contact the seller, and I did.
The seller asked me to wait some more days, promising to solve the issue, so a I did. Then eBay closed the case for "inactivity" within seven days.

So, eBay allowed the seller to cheat.

Message 6 of 71
latest reply

Again:

I've filed a claim to eBay after five days have past the estimated delivery time.
The seller asked me to wait some more days, promising to solve the issue, so I waited. Then eBay closed the case for "inactivity" within seven days.

Now I can't even leave a feedback to this purchase nor can I rate the seller because eBay has removed this function from this item in my order list.

So, eBay has allowed the seller to cheat.

Message 7 of 71
latest reply

I've followed the procedures recommended by eBay.

Please read my previous answers.

Message 8 of 71
latest reply

I've followed the procedures recommended by eBay.

Please read my previous answers.

Now I can't even leave a feedback to this purchase nor can I rate the seller because eBay has removed this function from this item in my order list.

So, eBay has allowed the seller to cheat.

Message 9 of 71
latest reply

Of course it did.

Please read my other answers.

Message 10 of 71
latest reply

it would appear that ebay has allowed the seller to string you along.you could have prevented this any time you wanted to.

ebay gives buyers the power to ignore the sellers and file a claim.sending a message to a seller is not being pro active..you need to take control of the situation and failed to do so.

I am unsure why buyers ask the seller whats goig on after so many months

you needed to ignore the seller and use the MBG

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 11 of 71
latest reply

The item was ordered on 05 August 2020 and the estimated delivery time was at the end of October 2020.
As I said, I've filed a claim to eBay after Five days have past the estimated delivery time.
Then eBay recommended me to contact the seller, which I did.
The seller asked me to wait some more days, promising to solve the issue, so I waited.
Then eBay closed the case for "inactivity" within seven days.

So, what was I supposed to do?
Should I ignore eBay's recommendation to contact the seller and just ask for refund?

Why does eBay recommend the buyer to contact the seller when they suddenly close the case?

By prematurely closing the case, eBay allowed the seller to cheat.

Message 12 of 71
latest reply

eBay recommended you contact the seller.  They didn't recommend you blindly agree to whatever the seller tells you.  Once a case is open you only have so much time to escalate it to eBay for them to decide.  eBay isn't the one who allowed the case to time out.  You did.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 13 of 71
latest reply

@seagul_123 wrote:

The seller asked me to wait some more days, promising to solve the issue, so a I did. Then eBay closed the case for "inactivity" within seven days.

So, eBay allowed the seller to cheat.

No, you allowed the seller to stall you long enough, the case timed out.

You could have returned to the case a couple days after it was opened and ask Ebay to step in, you would have been refunded.

Have a great day
Message 14 of 71
latest reply

an experienced buyer like yourself should have recognized the gravity of the situation,

you were going to lose this situation from the start

ebay does not recomend any sales that are longer than 30 days delivery.they do not want game systems reserved any longer than 30 days.

who buys something in august for october delivery....anyone that know what they are doing would run the other way.your hobby is fun for you but not for your sellers

ever hear of karma.............well it just caught up with you

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 15 of 71
latest reply