cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Standard envelope tracking problem

Is anyone else having issues with the tracking not updating for the eBay standard envelope process? I’ve used this process several hundred times without a problem but within the last week none of my orders are updating. They all just say “Tracking Number Provided” with the date and time I printed the label. My local post office can’t figure out what the problem is. They think it could be a problem at the sorting center. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: eBay Standard envelope tracking problem

Same exact thing has been happening to me since 10/27.  I have also been getting defects on my top rated seller status for these items that ebay says "Tracking number provided but no carrier scan."   However, eBay told me about 1 year ago that they use https://parcelsapp.com/en/faq/why-is-my-parcel-not-tracking to track the ESUS tracking numbers.   Why they haven't done this before giving me all those defects I have no clue.  However, if you go to that website and copy and paste the ESUS tracking number you will notice that the Origin Processing and any other updates appear on that website which is proof  you did in fact mail the item.

I put in like 30 numbers that do not update at all since the 27th of October and all but one shows it was shipped and machine scanned at the USPS HUB, in my case it is Melville, New York.   I hope this helped.  Please let me know if you get the same result that would normally appear on your ebay items shipped page.  It takes a few minutes for the tracking information to appear once you put in the ESUS number so be patient something will popup.

Amy

aviva-la user id

Message 16 of 40
latest reply

I found that all my ESUS tracking numbers are updated on https://parcelsapp.com/en/faq/why-is-my-parcel-not-tracking but NOT ON EBAY.  I have a feeling it is a problem with eBay.  I put in a service ticket but they mean nothing.   I don't think I ever heard back from ebay on anything I have ever called them for.  I am on ebay for 19 years.  🙂   I am glad this is happening to others because it is very frustrating.

Message 17 of 40
latest reply

I put in a service request for this issue and have a SR number which means nothing.   The huge sellers on ebay don't care about this stuff and would never spend 30 minutes on the phone with ebay about any issue. This is why these issues take so long to get fixed.    However, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they remove my defects on 10 items so far since the 27th of October.     Thanks for posting this information.

Amy 

Message 18 of 40
latest reply

Here is my ticket SR 1-456732816902 called a few hours ago.   

Message 19 of 40
latest reply

It should be eBay to fix this.  They sure issue defects against my top rated seller status for having uploaded tracking on time but NO CARRIER SCAN.  They should use the https://parcelsapp.com/en/faq/why-is-my-parcel-not-tracking tracking system before issuing defects to sellers.   

Message 20 of 40
latest reply

Regardless whose problem this is, ebay is adding every untracked ESUS label to the sellers defects.  This means in about 1 month any top rated seller will lose their status.   Ebay knows how to track through  https://parcelsapp.com/en/faq/why-is-my-parcel-not-tracking this website which shows the tracking updates, yet they just give out the defects.   They should not have these ESUS envelopes count toward your rating and they should not allow buyers to leave negative fb when the tracking doesn't  update or it never shows as delivered.   They make selling so difficult.  I have been a seller for 19 years and it doesn't get easier or better for me being a seller.

Message 21 of 40
latest reply

If you even get a tracking # - that's better than the luck I have had, if I receive something in a standard size envelope - I usually don't even get a tracking # - whether their is one actually on the envelope or not.

Message 22 of 40
latest reply

How long does it take for a defect to show on an account? I chatted with an eBay representative and they assured me that this problem wouldn’t affect my seller performance. She also added a note to my account detailing this. Currently I still show 0 defects on tracking uploads. The eBay representative also passed the issue along to the technical team to find the root cause of the issue. If enough people complain, maybe they’ll do something about it.

Message 23 of 40
latest reply

I have never had a defect from using ESE and it would be a huge problem if this latest issue caused sellers to lose TRS status. The whole rollout of this program has been a bit of a nightmare from the beginning and this latest tracking issue just adds to the problems. I find it unacceptable that this has gone on for a week now and no official word that it is being addressed. I plan on stopping any further listings using this service until we get some reassurance that it will be fixed.

Many of us sellers already knew how to check the offsite tracking service but many did not. I have to wonder how many buyers know about this.

Message 24 of 40
latest reply

Unfortunately it's starting to affect my seller performance - Thankfully only two items haven't had any sort of carrier scan according to eBay (but show delivered or out for delivery on 3rd party tracking), but it's still dropped my carrier scan metrics from 100% to 99.43%. Hoping this issue is resolved soon. Oddly enough my sales have stopped entirely the last couple days which is very unusual.

Message 25 of 40
latest reply

Hey @wastingtime101There is now a sitewide ticket that has been open. Sellers can reach out to customer support and let them know that they are running into ALERT14255 and that can be seen on our tech board here as well. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 26 of 40
latest reply

Thanks devon@ebay! Can you find out if eBay will be automatically removing the no tracking scan defects from sellers' accounts? I've seen a few sellers say that their TRS status is in jeopardy over this.

I've been telling sellers to contact CS and ask for help, but since it's a sitewide issue, would be better if there was some kind of confirmation that eBay will automatically apply some protections here with no need to tie up sellers' time and CS resources.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 27 of 40
latest reply

Thanks so much for the ticket information!  I called and was added to it as well.  Hopefully it gets taken care of soon.  I'm already below the 95% level on the "tracking uploaded and validated on time" metric.

Message 28 of 40
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Thanks devon@ebay! Can you find out if eBay will be automatically removing the no tracking scan defects from sellers' accounts? I've seen a few sellers say that their TRS status is in jeopardy over this.

I've been telling sellers to contact CS and ask for help, but since it's a sitewide issue, would be better if there was some kind of confirmation that eBay will automatically apply some protections here with no need to tie up sellers' time and CS resources.

Hey @wastingtime101! If sellers are being affected by this and they have their account submitted with the open ticket then they would be covered from any defects that could occur while the ticket is open. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 29 of 40
latest reply

Just had to talk to an agent to try and fix this, you may have to do the same..

Message 30 of 40
latest reply