cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Standard envelope tracking problem

Is anyone else having issues with the tracking not updating for the eBay standard envelope process? I’ve used this process several hundred times without a problem but within the last week none of my orders are updating. They all just say “Tracking Number Provided” with the date and time I printed the label. My local post office can’t figure out what the problem is. They think it could be a problem at the sorting center. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Yes same thing here . 

https://parcelsapp.com/en is showing movement on them , somewhere Ebay's computer is not connecting with some other computer

Message 2 of 40
latest reply

Thank you very much. I was unaware of that app.

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

The eBay Standard Envelope is treated the same as all metered mail.  

This is NOT an eBay problem -- it is a USPS problem, as the OP was told by his local post office.  For some reason, the metered mail is bypassing the sorting machines.

Recently, I had a similar ESE problem -- no intermediate scans, between the time that I created the postage and the time that it arrived at the final ZIP code.

Perhaps yet another "cost cutting solution," created by Postmaster General DeJoy?

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

I thought about the DeJoy possibility myself . but look at the picstr1.JPGtr2.JPG

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

example 2tr3.JPGtr4.JPGtr5.JPG

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

There is definitely a disconnect between Pitney Bowes and EBay. I checked all of my problem orders through the app and they all have acceptance scans from USPS. Exactly like your screenshots. However they still show nothing on eBay. I wonder how long it will take them to fix this. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

so I noticed I recently was having the same issues, I was always told by ebay to check the tracking for esus numbers using the https://www.trackmyshipment.co/shipment-tracking, but recently a lot of envelopes are not showing any tracking, but I just put the same numbers in the https://parcelsapp.com/en, and they are showing tracking.  Is this a site ebay will honor if these items are counting against me when it comes to defects on my account due to no tracking?  I am also getting the no tracking showing up on ebays side when just clicking on the tracking number for all esus shipments.

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

Same issue with me.  No updates since the 27th of October.  I'm not sure where you are, but I'm in the Midwest.  I have upwards of 30 packages where tracking seems to have come to a screeching halt on the 27th.   Not good for seller levels.  My on time percentage for having tracking uploaded on time is tanking fast.

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

Ebay will get it fixed , it just takes a little time

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

@antiques10101 wrote:

Same issue with me.  No updates since the 27th of October.  I'm not sure where you are, but I'm in the Midwest.  I have upwards of 30 packages where tracking seems to have come to a screeching halt on the 27th.   Not good for seller levels.  My on time percentage for having tracking uploaded on time is tanking fast.

Are you seeing tracking scans here @antiques10101https://parcelsapp.com/en

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 40
latest reply

Hey devon@ebay. Many discussions about this here & on social media. ESE tracking is showing up here: https://parcelsapp.com/en, but not on eBay transactions for approx 1 week now. Some examples are posted above. Is this on eBay's radar to fix? 

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 12 of 40
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hey devon@ebay. Many discussions about this here & on social media. ESE tracking is showing up here: https://parcelsapp.com/en, but not on eBay transactions for approx 1 week now. Some examples are posted above. Is this on eBay's radar to fix? 

Hey @wastingtime101! I have had a few other members reach out with the same issue. I have went ahead and made a ticket for this. I will continue to monitor for any sitewide tickets that we can add to our tech board and in the meantime if sellers are running into this I recommend to reach out to customer support here to have a ticket created for their account. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 13 of 40
latest reply

@solidguitar1961 wrote:

Ebay will get it fixed , it just takes a little time

Right now there's no site-wide ticket because not enough sellers are reporting the issue to CS. If sellers want it fixed, they need to file reports. eBay prioritizes fixes based on the number of users reporting the problem.

GLORIOUS!

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

I'm having the same identical problem. I've used ebay standard envelopes for over a year without problems. The last 3 shipments were sent on Oct. 31st. Normally ebay updates by the next morning showing Intransit and Origin Processing. So far it still says Tracking Number Provided. I checked with Universal Parcel Tracking, which is updated and shows progress. Tracking Numbers are picked up during sorting, so the numbers are being scanned at the postal facility. There is a problem with the scans being transmitted to Ebay or a problem at Ebay. Hopefully they can resolve this shortly.

Message 15 of 40
latest reply