cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery estimates

ebay delivery estimates must be making this seller pull their hair out.

Today is the 20th.  Shows 5 day handling.

20th + 5 ....................   per ebay........   estimates that it could arrive by the 24th 🤔 MD to AZ

+5

20 + 5 = 24.jpg

Seller must be shipping sooner than the handling shown, with ebay using historical data rather than the sellers listed handling time. Why, oh why does ebay do that? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

delivery estimates

@dy42963 wrote:

1. Seller must be shipping sooner than the handling shown, with ebay using historical data rather than the sellers listed handling time.

2. Why, oh why does ebay do that? 

1. Correct.

2. I don't know but can guess it's because buyers want stuff fast so eBay does what they can to cut the estimated delivery down. If a buyer files a not as described claim because the item arrived "late" after the estimated delivery date, it's the seller that financially pays for the consequences of that, not eBay.

The inaccurate delivery estimates have caused problems for me as a seller. One of my product categories is stored in a separate location and has a longer handling time, but eBay shows buyers delivery estimates based on next day handling since that's what's used for most of my products.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

delivery estimates

Part of the problem is that eBay failed to include today President's Day as a federal holiday when USPS is closed!!!

Printed 10 USPS shipping labels today for shipping Tuesday the 21st.  eBay shipping labels all show shipped today the 20th (NOT) so all will arrive past the estimated delivery date - including those shipped Priority.  

I will receive up to 10 late shipping defects because an eBay employee does not know when Federal holidays occur.

eBay needs to pay somebody (an American citizen) to go through and correct the holiday dates.  This is twice since January eBay failed to designate a holiday as a no shipping date.  (MLK Day was the other one).  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

delivery estimates

The system always shows shipped the day you print the label, despite what date is entered as the ship date on the label. You will not be penalized for late shipping on any of those transactions.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply