Shipping
Get the answers to all your shipping questions with advice from long-time sellers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Refunds for "Open Box" items.

I sold a headset as "open box". In the description I specifically stated that "no other testing has been done".The buyer is saying that it does not work. What, if any, are my refund obligations?

Fast, Low Cost Packing a Full Sized Desktop Computer

I have at least a dozen vintage PC's that bring $75-150 on eBay and am considering listing them. I think the UPS mantra is Double Box w/2" cushioning. Too bad someone doesn't sell Double Box pairs precisely for this UPS requirement. Box prices are no...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 26 replies
  • 0 helpful

GOT a Refund but without the shipping cost, is it fair?

hi, i bought this itemhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/392485833015regretted, let the buyer know, send it back, got a refund but only the item cost, which is approx 41.24$the shipping cost was about 25$ and didn't got it, is this normal? standard?

User avatar by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Phone stopped working after a few months

I have a friend who bought a refurbished iPhone 7 from a seller on eBay in March of this year. The phone was working fine for the first few months and now the phone doesn't charge or take pictures. Is the phone still covered by the eBay Money Back Gu...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Just my yearly off topic topic, again.

Though many people correspond in other ways than writing letters now, we still send Christmas and other Holliday cards. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! PUT YOUR RETURN ADDRESSES ON THESE!!! And please update your address books. Each and every year I send ...

User avatar by Rockstar
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

return issues no help from ebay

I bought an item that was never delivered the seller provided a tracking from NY but the seller is from India the seller has used several selling names at least five the latest one parkdiamonds, which normally takes over 25 days to get items from ano...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 1 helpful

Question about selecting Priority Mail

I'm shipping a something in a padded flat rate envelope and I'm charging the customer for shipping:1) do I select "flat: same cost to all buyers"?2) it asks for "cost", do I enter the determined cost for shipping something in a padded flat rate envel...

Fed Ex - eBay

dropped off on Nov 29th fed ex ground 33$. It still has not arrived. eBay will not release my hold. Fed Ex rep even told me it was guaranteed to arrive Friday and that a member of management would be in contact to reassure me shortly.

Resolved! Suspicious buyer returns item but is "lost" in USPS land

This issue is still ongoing, but here it is: An eBayer (12 feedback) buys a thick, 14k men's bracelet ($274). I send it to him, he issues a request for a return (no message to me, which is fine - I messaged him to say I would make it right, but he di...

ewedsd.png

Wrong Declared Weight

Hello Everyone, I was preparing a package earlier today and didn't have my scale with me to get a good weight measurement. I estimated that the package would be 2 pounds and entered the appropriate dimensions (9" x 7" x 3") and purchased my shipping ...

Forced Returns and Restocking Fees

So it seems Ebay is determined to be little Amazon by following many of their seller policies: exhibit A- auto authorized returns and forced refunds.We are debating how to navigate Ebay, if at all anymore (whether to offer "free" returns, which will ...

REASON 1,234,892 WHY I HATE THE USPS

I live in Mass. and bought an item from a seller in South Dakota. It cost over $50 for USPS Priority shipping, with tracking. Not just "delivery confirmation", actual tracking. Tracking told me: "label created"...."package picked up by USPS"....."pac...

Received Package, but It has incorrect shipping address.

HiI've ordered some things from the same seller over the course of the last month and the first of which arrived today. I noticed the address on the shipping label was incorrect, it somehow still made it to me. I'm not only confused how it printed fo...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Accidentally put wrong tracking number on item

I recently sold an item and uploaded the tracking number. However I realized I made a mistake and put the wrong number on. I edited the number to the correct one but it doesn't have the right status. I looked on the usps website and it says it has be...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors