cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does this keep happening?

Listed item with calculated shipping. Included size and weight. Buyer paid $13. Ebay is charging me $18. This does not happen often, but it only happens with FedEx. Anyone know what's going on? Last two times it happened, ebay CSR said they would refund me the difference. Never happened. 🤥

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Why does this keep happening?

So I entered the shipping info. on ebay's shipping calculator and saw the same problem. In-store rate was same as what buyer paid and my "special" ebay rate was 8%...higher! What??? 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Do you understand that of you for to the calculator and ask for a price it uses YOUR ZIP code as the "delivery address"? Obviously someone across the country is going to pay more as the distance increases.

On the couple of seemingly larger items you have lusted you only offer "expedited shipping" followed by "Priority Mail". FedEx was not even an option.

So basically, to your question "why does this keep happening" the answer is you have your listings set up completely wrong.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Has nothing to do with how my listing is set up. I used the ebay shipping calculator and got the exact same weird numbers after entering all the shipping information. Try it. 

4 lbs  18 x 14 x 3

From 43147

To 08251

FedEx ground home delivery. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

This is what I get:

In store

cf070cfa28f001e5f616bff4e7fad769

Ebay rate

3065464b85abb9134e5fb6b57f96c0dc

The Ebay rate is higher than the in-store rate - interesting.  The Ebay rate  is almost $5 higher.

5234367b02448bc760b905fb38d238c2

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Exactly.  The "special" ebay rate for FedEx home delivery was >higher<.  From $13.29 to $18.19. What a deal! lol

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@craigsfinds 

What are the PS or other 3rd party rates?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Fortunately, USPS Priority Mail is cheaper than FedEx in this case. The previous time this happened, the box was larger and USPS was much more expensive than FedEx so I had to eat the extra cost and go with my "special"😆 FedEx rate. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Well? Can you see the problem?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

That seems weird... maybe contact Ebay? Or tag Ebay reps on this post? Seems like Ebay employees are nonexistent these days, anyways

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I've contacted ebay several times about this over the >years<. At first, they gave me refunds for the difference. Now they just say they are going to give me a refund. 🤥

I hear there's a good chance the current CEO will be canned soon. Let's hope it's for the better. 🤞

Message 11 of 11
latest reply