cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does eBay accept addresses that are invalid?

Twice now in the past month I have been provided orders where the shipping label could not print because the address is borked. I know that it is a bad address because when I go to print a shipping label, it won't print because the address is "Invalid."

EBay has accepted this address, and now told me I can't send it using the postage label features because the address is bad- the address (once again!) that eBay has accepted from the seller.

The last time I did this, I got dinged for late shipping because the buyer refused to acknowledge the request to cancel the order (using the pull-down tab that ostensibly lists "invalid address" as one of the reasons). I'm fairly certain the same thing will happen again.

This is positively infuriating.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@ajorchids wrote:

Twice now in the past month I have been provided orders where the shipping label could not print because the address is borked. I know that it is a bad address because when I go to print a shipping label, it won't print because the address is "Invalid."

I like the ones where Ebay tells you there are to many characters in the buyers address and won't let you print the shipping label.

Then they say you can edit the address, then they say if you edit the address you loose your seller protection

If Ebay knows there is a problem with buyers address after the sell, looks like they could fix it before the sell.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Buyer does not need to accept cancel due to invalid address.  They are refunded immediately.

I think the issue is on PayPal's end.

Have had the same issue 4 times in the past 6 months.  I send a message to the buyer letting them know the address is invalid and refund.  In 3 cases, the buyer corrected their address and repurchased.  The other never responded and a few weeks later, I saw they were NARU'd.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply