cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility in Countries with eIS

Hey everyone! We've received a response from our Shipping team regarding excluded Countries when shipping with EIS:

"After a seller has been migrated to EIS, we continue to respect any country exclusions the seller has applied to their listing"

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

elizabeth@ebay 

What happened to all the replies on this thread?

Mike

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Instead of moving the thread from the Selling board to the Shipping board, she created a new one. Replies to the older thread are on the Selling board post:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Visibility-in-Countries-while-using-EIS/td-p/33635340

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Instead of moving the thread from the Selling board to the Shipping board, she created a new one. Replies to the older thread are on the Selling board post:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Visibility-in-Countries-while-using-EIS/td-p/33635340

Funny how any post on the selling board that merely mentions the word  "shipping" gets moved to the shipping board ... yet that one didn't.    😉

Strange Way - Firefall
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I have some questions.

I was reading the Ebay business quarterly business report from the selling announcements. I clicked on the link about Ebay international shipping. I have business policies, and decided to watch the video.

I already thought I migrated over to EIS. I have one item that can not sell internationally. I made a business policy for that item. I selected no international shipping in the business policy. BUT AFTER watching the video, it tells us to do exactly that to migrate over to EIS. The video even tells us it is counter intuitive to select no international shipping.

(Rant can skip) Why they just didn't simply rename it is beyond me unless they were trying to sneak in people who do not want to ship internationally who use business policies. Causing much more confusion for sellers who want included.(Rant Over)

I decided to switch to no international for all policies as the video suggested just to make sure I'm in EIS. I do get international sales occasionally.

1) Is the video correct that we select no international to actually ship internationally with EIS?

2) How do you exclude one item from international?

All my research the only to exclude international is through selling preferences, but you would have to exclude international for all listings.

Then I thought ok, I can just have a policy to exclude all countries from that listing. Then I read on the previous thread that people excluded all countries, and the GPS would still allow buyers to purchase through that program. They were not sure if EIS did the same thing. If this is true, back to question 2. How to exclude one item from international.

3) Do you know if EIS works like GPS that the buyer can still purchase while excluding all countries?

4) If we have to set up our own exclusion list, is there a way to automatically have our exclusion list match EIS inclusion/exclusion list?

Because an Ebay rep said I had to, I actually sat down for a few hours and did that with each business policy trying to make sure I was not messing up. I'm thinking how often does this list change?

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Link to video that shows how to update Business Policies (Shipping Policy) so that EIS will be applied to those listings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jas4leiIt4k

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

It's been since April 2023 that I was switched over to EIS and have been getting the run-around for 3 months now regarding why my items over $500 are not showing EIS for international customers. I've been told it's an ebay glitch and it would be fixed since MAY.  I called last week and was told "it will be 100% fixed on July 1." Well it's not and I and many sellers have been left high and dry and unprotected for listings/losing international sales between $500-$2500 because the EIS option doesn't appear for international customers, and most inquiries I've seen here regarding this glitch/runaround disappear with no resolution.  What is going on with this???  

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Thank for the video. 
However it doesn't work - at least for me. 
I got to "select the shipping policy" and the arrow is showing clicking on Default Shipping Policy but I don't have that. Everything is blank below the main header. 
(main header; Create policy, Reassign listings, Delete policies, Clean up policies)
(there is NOTHING else on that page)

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for sharing the response from the Shipping team. It's great to know that EIS respects the country exclusions set by sellers even after migration. This ensures a consistent and smooth experience for both sellers and buyers. If you have any further updates or insights to share, please feel free to let us know. We appreciate your efforts in keeping us informed.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Hello Elizabeth,

Hoping you can help.  I have a huge concern about the EIS shipping program.

I have always used EIS, loved it.  Now it is a risk for me.   Before the program, I could edit the title of the items.

The reason is, I ship very rare Marilyn Monroe items, or rare NASA photos and such...

Here is an example of a title...........

"Marilyn Monroe Original 1954 old Pretty Poster"

Here is what I would change it to just for customs and carriers.

"Old and Pretty Poster".  

Why would I change it you may ask?  Because of the high risk of someone in customs or a carrier stealing a rare item like this, especially customs.  It definitely happens.   It happened to me a long time back, that is when I started removing things and leaving only what it is.  

So, I opted out of the EIS program, and I was going to go and redo where I had control over this.  I went to select carriers, and ebay was not there.    I found out the program is the only way to have EIS!

So I had my first EIS shipment before I opted out, I am very nervous about this shipment and it getting stolen for it is like putting it on blast how rare this item is!   Why doesn't the program allow US to have control over this?  Or still let us select EIS among the list if we opt out? 

I also know I am not the only one who is concerned.  I had one person say to me "Now EIS is a free for all for Customs to steal", now that they know how rare an item is"!  

I don't think this was thought through very well.  I also think it is going to cost Ebay business.  I am not sure what I will do, but EIS now has become very risky for rare items.    Please help!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

This is happening to us also

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@aromans 

You decorations are probably too big to be sent by EIS which is why they show shipping to US only.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply