cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS tracking is messed up

I have 4 packages that were sent last week. Tracking shows them going through 1 or 2 usps facilities then all 4 of them now show the last tracking scan which says “pre-shipment info sent usps awaits item. 
Another Ebayer  has at least one package showing this also?  Anyone else show this on packages they have sent by usps?  Or a way to get this fixed 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: USPS tracking is messed up

The tracking stuff either from Ebay or USPS—I suspect USPS, is definately messed up. I seen that happen with one package and a day later it picks up where the package is. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I've noticed that on a few of my packages when I check the tracking on ebay, but when I go directly to the usps tracking page it will look normal.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

It's actually the eBay side of things that is screwed up. I have at least two items that were days behind what the tracking information showed going through USPS tracking. One package was actually delivered while the link through eBay was still showing "USPS awaiting item". 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Im in the same point of you are you fixed already?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Go directly into USPS tracking and enter the tracking number rather than going through the link in eBay. I am not sure what is wrong with eBay's interface to the USPS tracking information at the moment but it is messed up. The USPS tracking should show normal progress. 

This is something eBay is going to have to fix. It just recently broke so I am not sure what they did but they do need to fix it, and quickly. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I have sent out 7 packages since Saturday.  All were picked up via a Scheduled Pick-up by my long-time mail carrier.  None of them have any updated tracking.  All of them only show that a label was created, nothing more.  I've had this happen a few times before and it all worked out but I'm concerned that it has happened to all of my sales so far this week, and I have two more going out tomorrow.   I tried the USPS site and it shows the same.  Maybe they're overwhelmed with packages this year?  I don't know what to do.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Just make sure a USPS employee scans your package and it will get there 99.99% of the time. Don't worry about those scans. November 20-now packages have been having very weird scanning issues.

I posted a thread to put $500 insurance on all packages going to Miami if you want a Christmas bonus because no packages going to Miami are being scanned delivered anymore (wasn't delivered=pay me my $500)

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I have something similar going on. Tracking shows acceptance scans and also shows them moving along to main USPS hub but then stopped and sat at the hub for many days and now shows the original acceptance scan on ebay. The USPS site shows the packages as being in transit but with late delivery. The packages are WAY behind normal delivery time. I think the lateness is because of the Thanksgiving holiday. It happens every holiday season but usually not this bad (late).

I was at the post office yesterday morning and there was a lady in front of me with the same issue. USPS clerk told her to just give it a few days. Seems that is always the answer, just wait awhile....

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I found that same problem with 3 of my orders yesterday. I filled out a "where is my package" type of form for each one of them on the USPS site but so far have just gotten the automated "we got your request" type of email back. I'm hoping it's simply a glitch in their system and the packages will arrive soon. I'll update if I get any specific response back on my USPS inquiries.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

USPS is in a state of complete collapse. They are overwhelmed with the volume and at the same time have alot of employees out with covid. In the last 7 days I have had 11 orders that are not moving, stuck in various USPS sorting centers around the country with one even being mis sent to the UK. It's a real nightmare.. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Yes, this is happening on all our USPS deliveries.  We know to go to the USPS website but our customers to not, they read: PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM and assume we have not sent it out yet even though is shipped 5 days ago.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I've been having multiple issues with it too.  It is like there is no rhyme or reason to what is going on.  Some packages from the same batch get to their destination in under a week, others just seem to fall of the radar or bounce back and forth between hubs like ping pong balls.  The "pre-shipment" glitch is particularly frustrating.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

In my experience, USPS always tries to deliver as fast as possible. UPS, on the other hand, stick to the scheduled delivery date no matter what. They'll sit on it in their warehouse for however many days until their expected delivery date even if it gets there 3 days earlier. This  USPS tracking article contain a complete  guide that you can check to know more about it.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply