cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS hacked?

When I try to go to the website I get, 

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from usps.com in Chrome, and 

Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate. Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. in Explorer. Can't continue in either. Is the website down?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: USPS hacked?

No. The website is up and running just fine. Works on chrome and safari. Sounds like a virus or malware on your end...

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You use Chrome. Get used to it.

Google is going to mold the internet in their image by forcing their security ideas on everyone (comply or we frighten visitors with dire warnings and derank your website in search). Google probably unilaterally made another change.

I see no problems visiting USPS.com with Firefox 31 or 52, nor any chatter about that on the webs.

You may have malware on your machine attempting a man in the middle attack (run Malwarebytes or something to see), there may be bunged up DNS issues somewhere, maybe something in the Chrome certificate store that needs to be reset, or Chrome updated recently and changed something.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

OK this morning.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Chrome is the most paranoid pos browsers I've ever run into

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@atikovi

In the past, certificate errors like these have been caused because the time setting on your computer was incorrect. This can cause a certificate error with any website, and any browser, so since you said this happened with two different browsers, this is worth checking.

Make sure that your clock is correctly set and matches the current time, and that the time zone matches where your computer is located.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Well, on my computer Explorer is pretty useless. Takes forever for pages to load and shuts down many times a day.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

Make sure that your clock is correctly set and matches the current time, and that the time zone matches where your computer is located.

Why would just the Ebay site cause this then? All others were fine.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

@lacemaker3 wrote:

Why would just the Ebay site cause this then? All others were fine.

It's probably due to eBay trying to make all the site https compliant

Message 9 of 9
latest reply