cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS claim

I have a buyer who says they didn't receive an item shown as delivered. 

Package was sent Priority Mail so there is $50 coverage.

I remember reading on these boards that you can file a claim with USPS in these situations the claim would be denied but that it could be appealed and that if the buyer signed an affidavit USPS would honor the claim.  Can anyone say if that is still true or not?

I've filed claims before online with USPS and am just wondering if anyone could explain the process once the claim is denied and then what happens?   Is the rest of it done online (guessing no)? 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: USPS claim

you have no claim if the pkg shows delivered. I had a not received claim appealed..and lost.Tracking showed delivered..porch pirates I expect.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Are we talking about the same things?

I am the seller.  I want to know if I file a claim with USPS and it is denied if I can appeal it provided the buyer signs an affidavit stating they never received. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Then why not ask your p.o about that..I appealed a lost item case, but cant remember if the buyer signed an affadavit..

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I remember reading on these boards that you can file a claim with USPS in these situations the claim would be denied but that it could be appealed and that if the buyer signed an affidavit USPS would honor the claim.  Can anyone say if that is still true or not?

Yes, you can still win the claim or the appeal.  The key ingredient is that the buyer has to sign off on the claim or provide a written statement that is signed during the claim window.  The buyer's eBay claim or any statement signed before that 15 day window (for priority mail) is not sufficient.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@green-night wrote:

I am the seller.  I want to know if I file a claim with USPS and it is denied if I can appeal it provided the buyer signs an affidavit stating they never received. 

If it shows delivered, USPS insurance will not cover it.

Buyer can contact their post office and find out where the package was delivered.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

If it shows delivered, USPS insurance will not cover it.

That is not true.  USPS will of course present the tracking, but that is no more compelling than the buyer's signed statement that it was not delivered.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@green-night wrote:

YES. Disregard the posts saying if shows delivered USPS will not cover it. They are simply misinformed. If your claim is denied, file an appeal and the buyer will have to sign an affadavit affirming they did not receive the package. I’ve done myself. I think couldabeenworse has done it and I know that @myangelandmyprincess has done it but I can’t recall if she was the buyer or the seller 🙂

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

@green-night wrote:

YES. Disregard the posts saying if shows delivered USPS will not cover it. They are simply misinformed. If your claim is denied, file an appeal and the buyer will have to sign an affadavit affirming they did not receive the package. I’ve done myself. I think couldabeenworse has done it and I know that @myangelandmyprincess has done it but I can’t recall if she was the buyer or the seller 🙂

I was the seller.  It was originally denied because it showed delivered.   My post master said I had to appeal.  He says they will always initially deny if it shows delivered and you have to appeal saying even though it says that you didn’t get it.  I’m sure that’s why the rumor or they will deny exists because initially they will but you can win in an appeal 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I wouldn't do anything. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@sam9876 wrote:

I wouldn't do anything. 

Why?

A.  Because you don't have to. 

B.  Because you don't want to help out one of your buyers. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply