cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Shipping problems

Can Ebay NOT Post something to let all buyer be aware of the PROBLEMS USPS is having all over the country in shipping our items to our customers.

IT WOULD BE NICE.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

USPS Shipping problems

We haven't had any problems with delivery........ but my Tax forms from the accountant haven't made it here yet......mailed 4/2.....  We did email for what I need to mail, and it's filed electronically, but wonder what's going to happen on the 15th........

Message 16 of 52
latest reply

USPS Shipping problems

How would ebay know what usps problems exist "all over the country" ?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 17 of 52
latest reply

USPS Shipping problems

@jcone30123 wrote:

Can Ebay NOT Post something to let all buyer be aware of the PROBLEMS USPS is having all over the country in shipping our items to our customers.

IT WOULD BE NICE.

@jcone30123 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/USPS-slow-downs-and-recent-weather-delays/ba-p/34399147

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 18 of 52
latest reply

USPS Shipping problems

Get a load of this. My seller checked on his end again for status of my goods. He was told yep, probably stuck in Palmetto Ga. He was told their priority will be to keep the current parcels moving and get to the piles of old stuff when and if they get caught up!! ???

Message 19 of 52
latest reply

USPS Shipping problems

Palmetto Ga is the new USPS black hole, Phoenix is a close second. 

Message 20 of 52
latest reply

USPS Shipping problems

@lurchrider wrote:

Get a load of this. My seller checked on his end again for status of my goods. He was told yep, probably stuck in Palmetto Ga. He was told their priority will be to keep the current parcels moving and get to the piles of old stuff when and if they get caught up!! ???

Yes, that's usually what USPS does in these situations. We saw it during Covid, we saw it with Houston end 2023/early 2024 and now we're seeing it in Atlanta.

This is going to happen across the entire country as DeJoy consolidates facilities in his destroying delivery for America program.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 21 of 52
latest reply

USPS Shipping problems

@jcone30123 wrote:

IT WOULD BE NICE.

It doesn't matter if it's posted or not, there are some buyers who will say the "slow mail" is a "bunch of hype" and they don't see any evidence of postal delays. (I got this from one buyer during the COVID times when mail actually was a lot slower).

Then the package gets stuck at the sort centre and I get a message every 12 hours telling me the package hasn't been delivered yet and "must be lost". I told him "I told you the mail is slow right now, you need to be patient and wait for your package". And then I get "It's your responsibility to make sure I get it fast!!" (Um, I never promised fast, not when everything was taking extra time to arrive).

I ended up blocking that buyer.

C.

Message 22 of 52
latest reply

USPS Shipping problems

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

So, Atlanta area in Georgia is having big problems since February with USPS with all forms of mail...I have a buyer telling me he's missing my item and 3 others from 'Informed Delivery' yesterday...plus 8 other packages since February. This is from today's email by the way.

I think sellers should be in the know.

I understand the situation because you live in Georgia. And my buyer is in Marietta Georgia which is not far from Cassville, Georgia.

I don't like this informed delivery. I they inform of a delivery and then it doesn't happen for some reason or another, then it's the seller's fault and the package is "lost". I think we need to stop babysitting everything that happens because we get upset when things don't go as expected. It's like when you ship something, you don't obsess over tracking details until it gets to the buyer, you ship it and forget about it until an issue arises. Informed delivery is the buyer's version of obsessing over their packages.

C.

Message 23 of 52
latest reply

USPS Shipping problems

What problems? 95% of my shipments arrive BEFORE the estimated delivery date. In fact, I had two that had an estimated delivery date of this Saturday but were delivered today instead.

Message 24 of 52
latest reply

USPS Shipping problems

@chariot_badges wrote:

@toysaver wrote:

The PO always gets screwed up in an election year.

It's Trump's fault.

Maybe he'll get it fixed when he's reelected, Biden sure isn't doing anything, but sending money overseas.

Have a great day
Message 25 of 52
latest reply

USPS Shipping problems

@lurchrider wrote:

Get a load of this. My seller checked on his end again for status of my goods. He was told yep, probably stuck in Palmetto Ga.

Palmetto is just fine these days.

Screenshot_44.png

Message 26 of 52
latest reply

USPS Shipping problems

that is why you buy insurance.if it lost  then they have to pay you. i would file  claim just in case the buyer files INR claim and you might get the money for the claim before it is delivered after you refund

Message 27 of 52
latest reply

USPS Shipping problems

@showmecurrency4u wrote:

that is why you buy insurance.if it lost  then they have to pay you. i would file  claim just in case the buyer files INR claim and you might get the money for the claim before it is delivered after you refund

What does insurance cost?

For most of what I sell, it costs about $2.

So, I sell a hundred items for $20 in insurance cost and they all get delivered on time.

I buy insurance on all of them, and it costs me $200.

Finally, my 101st shipment ...  gets lost.

And I get my $20 back.

Was that a good decision?

Message 28 of 52
latest reply

USPS Shipping problems

Most of your listings advertise USPS Ground Advantage @chariot_badges which means there's $100 insurance automatically included at no additional cost.

Several sellers have reported filing insurance claims on stuck packages in places like Atlanta gets them moving pretty quickly. You can file a claim after there are no scans for 15 days.

GLORIOUS!

Message 29 of 52
latest reply

USPS Shipping problems

OMG!! THEY MADE A MISTAKE AND ONE GOT THROUGH! 

My seller is a good guy and has had to make refunds. Three weeks late on his shipments.

Message 30 of 52
latest reply