cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Shipping Delays?

Wow, my shipments have been increasingly delayed in the past month. Items disappear into the "bermuda triangle" with tracking details at a complete stall. Usually the tracking details show the item was scanned and received, but then just sits there dormant. Meanwhile the buyer (and eBay) pressure me to "take action" by a certain date or eBay will do it for me. Usually forced to make the refund and then of course, the item eventually shows up weeks late. And this is Priority Mail too! What a freaking joke! Then I'm left pretty much to my own devices in trying to get my payment back. It's not easy. They make me jump through a lot of hoops. 

Anyone else been experiencing this garbage?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

USPS Shipping Delays?

I'm in North Dakota.  Up until the 13th of this month, everything I shipped was being delivered within 2 to 3 days.  Now every package I shipped (all USPS Priority) since the 13th processes through my local distribution center then absolutely zero scans after that.   I've filed missing mail searches and still nothing at all.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

USPS Shipping Delays?

USPS Shipping Delays?

Contact CS and request an extension of time to resolve the INR cases.  Sellers have been doing this to me for months now so I know it works!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

USPS Shipping Delays?

Exactly same experience for me. I'm in the Minneapolis area. Extremely frustrating for both buyers and of course sellers, who usually get stuck holding the bag.  Priority Mail is the new Media Mail. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

USPS Shipping Delays?

80% of my items shipped 2/11 and 2/12 have no updates after being processed through the regional center that serves my area. I am in the Rockies and it is all the parcels headed to East Coast, south, and Midwest that are stalled (California and the Northwest have traveled fine).

When this happens I have come to understand that they were put aside and warehoused somewhere because of a bottleneck caused by the storm. The painful reality (in my experience, anyway) is that things mailed AFTER them will move through at a regular or only slightly delayed pace. My experience is that USPS will only start to dig out/process these stalled/stored mountains of mail AFTER they are caught up. 

So-- I am back to holiday-season mode, contacting customers trying my best to reassure them their items are STALLED and not lost, sending partial orders to some people, dealing with extending cases, etc., etc.  I hate to refer to eBay's announcement of 2/11 because it is tailored to sellers, but I have cut & paste the link to it a couple of times trying to politely demonstrate to buyers that the 2/11 postal gridlock is/was "a thing." 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

USPS Shipping Delays?

Thanks everyone for the great replies! Feels good to know that I'm not alone in my frustration. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply