cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Anyone else got USPS SHORT Paid Fee charges today even for FedEx packages??... I got a series of charges totalling over $500 today...some as high as $85. Extra Charges even on standard USPS region A box shipments under 15 pounds. It just doesn't make sense... Am I alone here. Hello!! CS said they could not make sense of it either.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone - I have heard from our shipping team on this:

Some charges for FedEx labels were incorrectly titled “USPS Short Paid Fee.” These are newly invoiced fees for FedEx labels and the description reflects the correct FedEx tracking number and charges. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. Members impacted will be receiving an additional  eBay message with more detail. 

Tyler,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 17 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

What happens is the package is checked some were along the way: and if is incorrect you are charged the extra fees to correct the shipment.

Not new and can be very expensive.

Check your scales as well as be sure to measure the items packing.

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

it can be because the postal clerk entered the wrong mailing info. happened to me where the clerk missed  2 medium flat rates packages and instead entered the poundage. there is a phone number you can call to provide info to. the nan who answered said that actual photos are taken where they can compare the mailings. i  got all the extra money returned. good luck

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

@jamhuritech wrote:

Anyone else got USPS SHORT Paid Fee charges ... . Extra Charges even on standard USPS region A box shipments under 15 pounds.....

One way that you could end up underpaying for a Priority Mail box is if you ship from a ZIP Code that is different from the one that was used as the basis for figuring the postage paid.

On the eBay label form, you can set up a "Shipping from" ZIP Code that is different from the default which is the ZIP Code for your return address.  This can be helpful if you are shipping from a different location such as when you're on vacation.  But if you are shipping from home (i.e., the same ZIP Code as your return address) BUT the eBay gremlins have changed the "Shipping from" ZIP Code, then many of your packages will be charged the wrong amount of postage.

For instance, if you are shipping a package from Texas to Maryland, but the "Shipping from" ZIP Code is a ZIP Code in Virginia, then your label price will be for postage from VA to MD. If you mail it in TX then the special equipment at USPS sorting facilities will catch the difference and charge your account.

https://link.usps.com/2017/10/05/what-is-apv/

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/ship-smart/ebay-shipping-partners/avoid-extra-postage-costs....

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Okay.I ship 350+ packages every month...the anomaly here was that random  Region A box shipments under 15 pounds are being surcharged...this should only happen if the package is over 15 pounds. My packages were under 10 pounds.

Additionally, 2 FedEx packages...same weight and measurement...going in-State to Texas...one was surcharged $32 and the other 85.99....My FedEx shipments are being classified as "USPS"...

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

I ship from home and have never changed my ship from zip code. There's definitely something fishy here. I would simply not give it a second glance if it were $20 surcharge on 2 shipments but $500+ on 13 shipments is glaring...

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

I got hit with this today also.  It looks like every FedEx package I shipped in Q4 got a fee tacked on...worst one is $33.  Total damage is about $300 in fees.  Never had this happen before...I use a good scale and always round up for measurements and weights.

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

@jamhuritech wrote:

I ship from home and have never changed my ship from zip code. ...

Check it anyway. As I mentioned in my post, the eBay gremlins have been known to change it, sometimes to a ZIP Code that the seller has shipped TO.

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Indeed my were from Q4 too! These amounts are high and have tax consequences...they're being carried forward from a previous tax year...how do you even account for them...( Shipping costs..deferred..IRS won't take that kindly 

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Thanks I will keep an eye on that.

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@jamhuritech wrote:

I ship from home and have never changed my ship from zip code. ...

Check it anyway. As I mentioned in my post, the eBay gremlins have been known to change it, sometimes to a ZIP Code that the seller has shipped TO.

That could be a problem for sure. The whys I don't use eBays shipping just keep increasing....

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

You are not alone. 40ish packages, from December, $1000+. Just getting a run around from eBay.

Message 12 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Yep. The rep had no clue...blame shifted to tech department... Crazy...

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

I see no correct answers here. This is something EBAY needs to fix. It's their problem.
20+ Years of doing this and never THIS.  I open up my ebay messages this morning and am met with list of 40+ items, dating back to November...A LIST of "USPS SHORT PAID FEES" to the tune of around $1000.00 to be taken out of my bank account.
And MOST of the shipments were FedEx! 
Every eBay rep I talk to or message is a different person. They are all just guessing as to the issue, not looking any further than one shipment. Just a run around is all I'm getting. 
They tell me I need to dispute these.
I ask how?
They tell me since it's a shipment where USPS "and" FedEx are involved, I need to start with USPS?  (I have NEVER involved both usps and fedex in a shipment...never chosen that option).  
Yet still, won't tell me how, or where to go to dispute? 
My packages are not weighed, nor measured incorrectly. 

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

$740 here.

Message 15 of 44
latest reply