cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Nightmare is Back

Well we had a few good weeks there and now I have 20+ packages that are more than 7 days late.  Of course, angry customers won't listen to my reasoning of, USPS has to deal with COVID and bad weather in some parts of the US.  "JUST SHUT UP AND REFUND ME!  AND I WILL KEEP THE ITEM WHEN IT FINALLY ARRIVES!"

I hope eBay will do what it did over Christmas, giving us extra time.  Anyone else in the same boat?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: USPS Nightmare is Back

Yep it's back! Cases are starting to be opened. Customers are being refunded and after it's delivered I ask for them to pay for it or send it back and they disappear. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I honestly thought that the backlog would be addressed and taken care of a bit ago, but I didn't think about the possibility of these horrible winter storms effecting so many people on so many levels. Devastating. 

This is when a seller must choose to put their listings on vacation or possibly have these type of issues you are running into, and so many others, as well. 

I have had a few, but fortunately my buyers, so far, have been very understanding. 

It makes it hard when one depends on the few dollars to pay the bills. 

I try and keep in mind that I don't know what my buyers are going through, or have been through this year. 

I hope things turn around for you very soon, 

Grandma 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Yes thankfully the majority of buyers have been understanding...but there have been some real ****'s that just won't give me the benefit of the doubt.  A follow-up ebay has stepped in because there were late notices posted by USPS within the past few days for all.

Its just so frustrating because the only way we can offer free shipping is to use USPS.

I've also started sending an email right after the purchase to the buyers telling them their package could be up to 4 weeks late.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Yep it's back and the Postmaster General was on National News the other morning apologizing for all of the delays.  I hope the powers that be watch the news.  Ebay wants me to refund the buyer and if and when the item arrives, I should then ask for payment.  Yeah right, this is ebay LOL

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Exactly! That is why I closed my store with about 1300 items for sale. I cannot afford to send out 10 items, and then refund on 4 of them. To make things worse, the buyers in every case of mine, get the item, and some of them take the arrogant attitude of "tough stuff", I am not paying & I am not sending it back. Thanks Ebay for a shorter refund time on the open cases, than the Post Office delivery times currently in fashion.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

This has nothing to do with Covid or Weather. The USPS is moving in  the direction of Purposefully slowing down the mail. It has been all over the news. No more 2 day shipping and no more 1st class mail flying on planes only trucks. They have stated this is will be implemented in the near future and I know they have already started doing this. 1st class mail traveling from the East Coast to the West coast is taking 14-21 days and it's because the packages are not going on planes. We pay highly inflated prices for Priority Mail-- for speed of shipment and insurance. Now even Priority Mail with 2 or 3 days on the USPS shipping label is being out on trucks and taking 10-14 days or longer just to go a few states away. Oh and if you haven't heard the USPS has virtually eliminated paying any insurance claims recently. So what exactly are we paying for??? Ebay needs to step up and address this issue.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Yeah.  We closed our store during late December Early January...I may just have to start using the 3rd party insurance...I think you can make a claim if it has not been delivered after 15 days....'sigh'  eBay PLEASE HELP!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Ebay needs to get rid of the estimated arrival dates and stop allowing buyers to open item not received cases until well after a month of purchase.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply