cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS NOT SCANNING PACKAGES

Is anyone else having issues with USPS not scanning their packages???  I've lost product and $$$$ three different times because of this.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: USPS NOT SCANNING PACKAGES

If you are referring to packages being scanned during transit, yes all of mine are scanned. The PO is behind mostly due to the election and mail in ballots, which will be ending next week. Any of my scans that aren't updated in transit I simply check on the USPS website and check the details there. Not a single package of mine has been lost to date. 

If you are referring to delivery scans, I also have not had any packages not scanned as delivered. If that is your case, have you called your postmaster and asked them if they can verify delivery? I know someone who did that once and they figured out where the item was actually delivered to within a day. Best of luck to you....

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

The idiom installed by the funky meringue has promised that he would continue his sabotage after the election, as directed by the replicants' long-term push for privatization. So you can expect more problems before January 20.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I'm with @lamber9347... everything moving (coming and going) on time and with all scans. Sorry about your trouble.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@tools* 

I don't think your political statement is entirely true... USPS will have problems long after January 20, too.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Here in Maryland not only are they not scanning but they are scanning two days later. This happens every Monday. 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I've had this problem and this is what I was told when I called my local post office. Packages I hand over to my carrier or to a clerk at the service desk were always scanned, but packages that I put into the package chute in the lobby weren't usually scanned. The person I talked to didn't explain why that was the case and tried to assure me that those packages were still moving. I found that last part to not necessarily be true since every time I notice this and file a complaint with USPS, it suddenly gets scanned and starts moving through their system. Needless to say, I now make a point of handing packages to a person and don't use the lobby drops anymore. If you don't see tracking after 24 hours, go to the USPS website and open a lost package case.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I have no issues at all.

I print a SCAN form and I stand in line to make sure the clerk scans my SCAN sheet when I leave my packages.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

USPS has been total GARBAGE for months..Thanks for that Louis DeJoy 😡..I understand NOW mail in ballots will slow SOME of the packages down..BUT..In MY opinion ,ONLY in SOME states..Ive been waiting for a PRIORITY MAIL package from FIVE HOURS away for SEVEN days now,,YET a FIRST CLASS package made it to CALIFORNIA from here(Rhode Island) in THREE DAYS! It SEEMS like state like;Mississippi,Pennsylvania,Ohio and Michigan really stand out as the SLOWEST..😡😡

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@basketball_joan wrote:

I've had this problem and this is what I was told when I called my local post office. Packages I hand over to my carrier or to a clerk at the service desk were always scanned, but packages that I put into the package chute in the lobby weren't usually scanned.

My PO was doing that off-and-on for a while, but they seem to be better at scanning packages in the drop chute these days. Now if they would only bother to check the darn thing more often over the weekend so that it wouldn't be so uselessly clogged on Sundays, that would be helpful too.

The problem with missing the Acceptance scan is that it then misses the Departure scan (from the local post office) as well, because even though the Departure "event" is automatically logged in the tracking history of every package on the truck, the system doesn't know that your package is included, because no one Accepted it in the first place.

Thus the delay in tracking update isn't just for the period when it should have been Accepted; it's off the radar right up to the time that it gets an automated scan at the origin sort facility, and that might not be until sometime the following day. Any buyer curious enough to check his package tracking will see no apparent movement for a day or two; it's as if the seller printed the label and then just left the package sitting around.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

"Ive been waiting for a PRIORITY MAIL package from FIVE HOURS away for SEVEN days now"

I am about 1 hour and 20 minutes from Philadelphia yet it can take a week + for a first class

letter mailed from there to reach me. It has taken 2 weeks for a letter from me to get to

the recipient in Philadelphia.

I think the mail was faster in colonial times when Ben Franklin ran the system.

On the other hand, I have had mail delivered the next day when I have mailed to Los Angeles,

California.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Yes, Not sure? But I`m hearing is because of the election. I have three packages that were supposed to arrive Friday  Nov. 6th and all of them have stalled where there at and I have no idea where they are or when there getting here. Hope its starts moving soon

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@funfamilystuff   On the front end, no, I stand in line and get the Acceptance scan at the counter.   No on the back end either (so far) although I too (like others mentioned) have had packages sit for days and one for 7 days in bulk mail centers.  The 7 day one was frustrating for the Buyer too because tracking showed it at the bulk center in the same city his address was in.  I had one INR claim filed which eBay gave me an extension on and the package arrived within the allotted time BUT I also filed a Package Trace with USPS which may have helped ... had I lost the INR claim and the package ultimately been delieverd to the Buyer I would have been out over $ 70.00 and that's not chump change.

brian@ebay, tyler@ebay 

eBay needs to push the window for INR claims out AT LEAST 7 days past the estimated delivery date ... things are late now and soon carriers (ALL of them NOT just USPS) will be in the Holiday season where package volume doubles and triples ... delays are NO fault of Sellers and therefore they should not be punished for the venue (eBay) not assiting with conditions out of their control ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Buy a thermal barcode printer.

Also this time of year USPS hires temp workers and a lot of them tend to be lazy and stupid. Maybe they are too tired to scan the package, etc.... If they can't scan it in 2 seconds it doesn't get scanned. 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

As a retired Postmaster, the USPS has had financial problems for decades. The recent POTUS had nothing to do with the USPS negative financial book or delivery problems, Congress is actually to blame. It's a long story that will continue beyond my time, I am positive.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply