cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Delays

We don't need letters from eBay telling us how they are monitoring the situation. We need eBays action. Protections are all well and good , but buyers are getting sick and tired of hearing that that their packages are late and we can't even tell them where they are. More and more packages are showing only In Transit for longer periods of time. It is getting worse not better.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: USPS Delays

Most likely if you refund the buyer and the package is delivered in the future you will never get paid. At this point the only reason to refund a buyer for a delayed package is if they've filed an INR case with eBay and eBay notifies you as the seller that you're required to refund.  Plus if you are required to refund by eBay and the transaction is more than $30, I'd immediately file a package intercept with USPS to have the package returned when if reappears in the system.  The item can then be relisted and some of the loss recouped. 

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@jgoebert2012 wrote:

I've refunded a few people...But now it's becoming more and more common for the package to sit.

I use media mail to ship vinyl records.  Maybe Media Mail is being hit extra hard.

Jerry

I'm like you, but I sell cassette tapes. Media Mail only.  I got 7 packages not yet delivered, and one package was $100 worth of cassettes. I'm getting a little worried. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then Jesus said, "Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own."
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I got a negative today because an item I shipped on time wasn't delivered by the guaranteed delivery date which was the 14th. I have no worries that I'll be able to have it removed, but that won't happen until after the buyer receives it and the case is closed. In the meantime, it will cost me.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Hi, Well it's 2023 now, March 31st.  I just got dinged.  The post office had my package, but they didn't bother to scan it in until it reached it's destination hub, oh, but that was only after they sent the package on a tour of the United States.  I'm getting really sick of being screwed by the post office.  

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Shortly after Trumps pick took over and dismantled the sorting machines, mail delivery in the Baltimore, Md. region went to H--L. There were people not getting prescriptions mailed on time, bills being delivered late.

One person mailed a letter from Highlandtown, Md. to Towson, Md. (approx. ten miles away) and it took over a month. Baltimore City/Dundalk and Essex area's all had mail delivery screwed up. 

I am sure there were veteran's among them.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

@crashdini wrote:

Hi, Well it's 2023 now, March 31st.  I just got dinged.  The post office had my package, but they didn't bother to scan it in until it reached it's destination hub, oh, but that was only after they sent the package on a tour of the United States.  I'm getting really sick of being screwed by the post office.  

You had to go back to a thread from August 2020 to find a place to add your rant. USPS handles billions of packages every year and since it is operated by humans it's not 100% accurate. Mistake are made.

The acceptance scan is very important to eBay's seller performance measures, but it's not so important to USPS or anybody else. If you want to be sure that your package gets an acceptance scan, you need to take it to the PO counter or develop a relationship with your carrier.  

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply