cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Dealing with Shipping Delays, Will eBay Acknowledge It?

If you look up USPS delays, you will find that, due to policy changes, USPS is intentionally slowing down mail.

eBay needs to acknowledge this immediately for the sake of both the buyer and seller.

I sell mostly trading cards and quite a few of my Standard Envelopes are behind schedule. I even have some more expensive cards shipped First Class that haven't had updates in days.

I think buyers have been asking for extended guaranteed arrival dates for awhile now. I think eBay needs to recognize that USPS is not operating as efficiently as it was 5, 8, 10 years ago.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

+1, agree 100%. That's what I'm seeing too.  Beginning in early March there's definitely been a significant slow down in the USPS system.   Seeing most packages taking at least an extra day to be processed at the origin sort center and additional delays and new longer, multiple step routes to arrive at the destination sort centers.  I think the days of buyers getting two or three day small package delivery from USPS  are over. Appears five to seven day (plus) transit for most USPS small packages is going to be the new normal. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I think eBay needs to recognize that USPS is not operating as efficiently as it was 5, 8, 10 years ago.

That is when it operates. We have now entered our second year of sub par performance of

the postal service here.

Constant turnover of mail carriers, people quitting about as fast as they are hired. One of

the few remaining old heads here told me as soon as the new hires find out they actually

have to work, they quit.

Carriers show up any old time, as late as 7.30 pm and sometimes not at all. Even the

business district is being left in the lurch. I see notices posted on doorways for

carriers to not leave packages at the door or they may sit outdoors overnight or

disappear.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I agree. I live in a small town  (less than 200 people) and mail is chronically late. My March utility bill is supposed to be paid by the 15th of the month. This month's bill was postmarked March 2nd and did not arrive until the 16th of March.

My wife got a doctor bill from the larger city 20 miles away and it took seven weeks from the date of the postmark before it was delivered. Way slower than the Pony Express.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ripsmc wrote:

I agree. I live in a small town  (less than 200 people) and mail is chronically late. My March utility bill is supposed to be paid by the 15th of the month. This month's bill was postmarked March 2nd and did not arrive until the 16th of March.

My wife got a doctor bill from the larger city 20 miles away and it took seven weeks from the date of the postmark before it was delivered. Way slower than the Pony Express.

Curious why you aren't paying your bills online?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

"This month's bill was postmarked March 2nd and did not arrive until the 16th of March."

My power company has been advertising on the radio that they understand the postal

service has been doing a lousy job of it and they would not charge a late fee until the

matter clears up. Same with my insurance company.

Letters posted from cities not very far away from me take 7-10 days. I think we had better

postal service during colonial times.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply