cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Completely Stalled Causing Major Problems, EBAY Allowing Customers Open Cases Due To USPS

I have packages that are backed almost two weeks going out to buyers, now EBAY is allowing them to open cases knowing that the US Postal Service is completely broken right now!

I also have packages that I have been personally been waiting on for almost a month (product)!

This is to much! I am considering stopping sales until this is worked out, or completely dropping the US Postal Service, COMPLETELY! I am paying to much for shipping to begin with, now I am looking at customers possibly putting holds on funds because of this and possibly filing for refunds, then I'm out the product cost and the shipping cost, NO WAY MAN! NO WAY!

Message 1 of 90
latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

Re: USPS Completely Stalled Causing Major Problems, EBAY Allowing Customers Open Cases Due To USPS

I dont think so...

Message 61 of 90
latest reply

Re: USPS Completely Stalled Causing Major Problems, EBAY Allowing Customers Open Cases Due To USPS

I totally agree with you.  This is an eBay problem, not necessarily a USPS one.  I won't blame USPS for my packages being held up at the central hub here in Columbus Ohio for 7-14 days, especially after reading about an observer actually seeing 6 semi trucks, yes, semi, waiting in line to unload their trucks.  I shut down my auctions a few weeks ago, not because of USPS, but because of lack of empathy of too many buyers AND eBay.  I am giving sellers right up to 30 days before I open a case, which is what ALL buyers should be doing in my opinion.  

Message 62 of 90
latest reply

THANK YOU**  My Post Office just delivered 4 packages on SUNDAY.  Small town USA.   They are working 24/7 right now.  He said "Amazon" keeps dumping packages on them by the pallet load.  Amazon is so huge & wealthy, why don't they create there own way of shipping, instead of DUMPING on a broken Postal System.

Message 63 of 90
latest reply

RE: Amazon is so huge & wealthy, why don't they create there own way of shipping

They do, prime trucks deliver to many homes and businesses

Now I dont doubt they do leave the not so profitable deliveries to others

Message 64 of 90
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many if not most Republicans have turned on Trump. They're working against him! The presidency isn't ulimate power. 

Message 65 of 90
latest reply

I've already had 2 cases (for items I shipped out on 12/7 that were picked up but never showed any further tracking ) for which Ebay gave the buyers a full refund. Doubtful that these buyers will send the items back once they receive them. So I am out the money and the items.

Message 66 of 90
latest reply

Clearly you do not understand how the claims process works with USPS.  You cannot file a claim for Priority Mail packages until 15 days after mailing.   It is not 7 days.  Moreover,  USPS will not pay the insurance claim  if the package is deemed still in transit.   They only pay if the package is actually lost.  And if they had to pay a claim that eventually was delivered you have to pay the money back.  Read the fine print.

If you had 40 plus packages out that were all late the intercept fee would be enormous.  It's $14.65  for a package intercept.  If you paid that fee for 40 packages it would cost the seller $586.  That in addition to the postage already paid.  If you had that kind of volume you wouldn't be singing that song.  I had a customer purchase an item tonight that I had originally planned to ship via USPS.  Instead I'm using Fedex but they are having delays too.  Sellers don't have any control over the delivery process and they won't research a package right now because I have already tried.

Message 67 of 90
latest reply

Agreed it's easy to blame sellers when you aren't mailing on a regular basis and at this particular time of the year.  eBay needs to delay payment on these INR claims and give sellers at least an extra ten days . My Priority Mail packages are arriving up to ten days late.

Message 68 of 90
latest reply

package mailed first class 3-5 days on nov. 22nd delivered dec.18th

stop selling ebay is allowing INR cases to be opened against the seller.

also did anyone notice the USPS raised there rate in oct. not jan. to make more $$$ off the covid-xmas and are completely dropping the ball now!!!!! just like ebay

usps in not scanning packages??? (covid-xmas) ebay has
Estimated delivery dates ....why.... ebay dose not ship anything and all shippers USPS/FEDX/UPS are saying they have heavy delays with shipment.
buyers are opening item not received cases and there's no tracking info to upload.
so ebay will refund the buyer and my business loses inventory and sales $$$
than ebay want sellers to let them manage payments (((give ebay my bank info and ss number REALLY

Message 69 of 90
latest reply

how are you handling these INR requests? I have two frustrated buyers... this is so stressful!

Message 70 of 90
latest reply

Shows what you know. My company ships  20 packages a week, sometimes more or less. I keep my business off ebay and use ebay for personal use. So i know alot on shipping, and I will say they all are broken to an extent.

Message 71 of 90
latest reply

Last week I had 2 packages delivered and neither has ever been scanned once after the day I sent them

Message 72 of 90
latest reply

I shipped a package to Florida from New York, and after more than a week it was scanned in MISSOURI. 

That is not even on the way to Florida.  I had one package arrive after almost a month, but because I kept in touch with that buyer and sent him tracking updates he did not file an INR.  He waited, though unhappily.

I called the PO about these delays and was told they are sending items to "wherever they have room and time to scan them". 

I am waiting for a Christmas gift from across the country (not on ebay, but from a smallish company) and starting to regret I ordered it.

I called ebay and they told me that if you refund  for an item that has not arrived,  and the item arrives after that,  the buyer is obligated to return the item to you.  Has that happened to anyone? 

Message 73 of 90
latest reply

Seriously???

USPS issues are NOT out of our control???

Clearly it's okay then to pay $87 to ship FedEx / UPS for a $20 item that would normally ship USPS First Class.

Clueless.

Message 74 of 90
latest reply

Well I am ONLY talking about EBAY.  You need to read up on the shipping problems in the USA .  Amazon is exploiting and dumping a huge amount packages on the USPS.

Message 75 of 90
latest reply