cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Completely Stalled Causing Major Problems, EBAY Allowing Customers Open Cases Due To USPS

I have packages that are backed almost two weeks going out to buyers, now EBAY is allowing them to open cases knowing that the US Postal Service is completely broken right now!

I also have packages that I have been personally been waiting on for almost a month (product)!

This is to much! I am considering stopping sales until this is worked out, or completely dropping the US Postal Service, COMPLETELY! I am paying to much for shipping to begin with, now I am looking at customers possibly putting holds on funds because of this and possibly filing for refunds, then I'm out the product cost and the shipping cost, NO WAY MAN! NO WAY!

Message 1 of 90
latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

Re: USPS Completely Stalled Causing Major Problems, EBAY Allowing Customers Open Cases Due To USPS

The only option you might have is to intercept those high value packages

Message 46 of 90
latest reply

Re: USPS Completely Stalled Causing Major Problems, EBAY Allowing Customers Open Cases Due To USPS

Clearly you don't understand the problem because when the listing is set up and the seller initially chose USPS as the carrier you can't arbitrarily change it.  Some buyers don't want FEDEX or UPS  as a carrier when we set up our listings months ago and no one could have foreseen this problem.

Message 47 of 90
latest reply

USPS is broken, I agree. However all shipper's can file a lost/stolen mail claim and elect to have the item returned back to you the shipper. This way your customer's can still  get a refund and you could still end up with the item and not lose money. (I know you may not always get the product back, but that's a chance we take.) That's why I always get insurance on all packages I ship, This way the customer is happy and your not out anything minus a few days for the insurance claim process. So eBay allowing claims is the right thing to do. The statement "I CANNOT CONTROL SHIPPING" Is a bunch of **bleep**! The only thing a shipper can't control is cost and travel time. But after 7 business days of estimated delivery date you can file a claim. If you choose not to then shippers/sellers should bare any losses.

Message 48 of 90
latest reply

Not true!!! Just because a package is scanned and on the way does not mean it will make it to the destination. Packages can and are lost and or stolen within a  shippers network. usps, ups and fedex alike.

Message 49 of 90
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I'm doing - stopping sales for now. It sux because I was finally starting to sell stuff! I'm not usually into conspiracy theories, but I definitely feel like people of a certain political party that is re-gaining control of the presidency are out to ruin the U.S. and place us under government control. Think about it. WHY would there be an unprecedented number of packages in the mailstream today? Yes, people are home more, but people are also struggling at unprecedented rates. I'm fortunately not one of those people, but even I have scaled back. I bought small gift cards for people. The media is also playing up how the economy (still under Trump) is so bad. None of it correlates. Sellers gain momentum finally at holiday time, then this happens. Trump signs a bill to help people - Democrats fight it. I know this is political, but how could anyone support this?? I mean, I'm a liberal lesbian hippie. Even *I* wouldn't vote for Democrats. COME ON. Something is really screwed up in this country today. It's killing the little guy, and no one seems to realize it or care. 

Message 50 of 90
latest reply

FYI Intercept only works about 50% of the time at best.

Message 51 of 90
latest reply

@gporpc wrote:

Some sellers ship using the UPS/FedEx combo and it is delivered by the USPS, theres the delays

Nope.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 52 of 90
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

This is what I'm doing - stopping sales for now. It sux because I was finally starting to sell stuff! I'm not usually into conspiracy theories, but I definitely feel like people of a certain political party that is re-gaining control of the presidency are out to ruin the U.S. and place us under government control. Think about it. WHY would there be an unprecedented number of packages in the mailstream today? Yes, people are home more, but people are also struggling at unprecedented rates. I'm fortunately not one of those people, but even I have scaled back. I bought small gift cards for people. The media is also playing up how the economy (still under Trump) is so bad. None of it correlates. Sellers gain momentum finally at holiday time, then this happens. Trump signs a bill to help people - Democrats fight it. I know this is political, but how could anyone support this?? I mean, I'm a liberal lesbian hippie. Even *I* wouldn't vote for Democrats. COME ON. Something is really screwed up in this country today. It's killing the little guy, and no one seems to realize it or care. 

That would make a heck of a lot more sense if Republicans weren't the ones actually in charge at the moment. Blaming what's happening now on an Administration that hasn't even been inaugurated yet is sort of silly, even for QAnon.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 53 of 90
latest reply

I look at it this way. If the Governors opened there states up so that people could go to the shopping centers and shop that would be less people shopping online and all the carriers not just USPS but all the carriers could operate more efficiently. I deal with all of them in one way or another and they are all in overdrive. Heck even Amazon wont guarantee a delivery and they do most of there own.

Message 54 of 90
latest reply

You really blame it on this?  >> You said: (still under Trump)

Message 55 of 90
latest reply

The last 5 packages I sent out and the eight I received were all over 10 days late. One package I mailed priority mail almost 2 weeks ago hasn't been delivered nor has it updated on tracking since the day I mailed it. Very, very frustrating. 2 of my packages that never updated were delivered but apparently never scanned. I heard the USPS are so backlogged they skipped scanning many packages

Message 56 of 90
latest reply

That's easy to say when you only sell 3 or 4 items a year!!

Message 57 of 90
latest reply

WRONG****I can print shipping labels all day long, but until the package is scanned at the POST OFFICE you DO NOT have any proof you shipped the package!!!!! Read the USPS agreement on dropping off packages & keeping the printed time receipt.

Message 58 of 90
latest reply

I Agree!I have 20 plus items stuck in shipping and ebay will give the moneyback  and then when it arrivesto the buyer they say I need to ASK the buyer for a return,  there is no answer for us sellers we are all about to get screwed.  you can call and have ebay put a hold on the case for 10 days but  only if the package has had some movement in the last 10 day.  The problem is  the giant waste of time is waiting an hour on hold to get it done!!   Ebay needs to stop allowing requests on shipping until after Christmas!  they are just wasting everyones time at this  point .

Message 59 of 90
latest reply

Doesnt once eBay refunds also cancel the sale so the buyer cannot ask for a return?

Message 60 of 90
latest reply