cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Awaiting Item Still

I ordered and paid for an item over a week ago. On the 31st, the shipping info was posted. However, since then, all it has said is, "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item," with no further updates. The seller lives in the same city as me, so if it was shipped and just not updated, I would have received the item by now (I have not). I finally contacted the seller asking when it will be shipped with no response yet (though I am trying to give them some time to respond). What does this mean and what should I do? When should I escalate this to eBay Resolution?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

USPS Awaiting Item Still

Update: Discovered the item was shipped a few days later and USPS hasn't scanned updates yet.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

USPS Awaiting Item Still

Update: Discovered the item was shipped a few days later and USPS hasn't scanned updates yet.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

yep having the same problem due to the holiday weekend and storms.... hopefully it will all sort it self out, but i've had to answer why i didn't send stuff...but i did..USPS is just a mess.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

@pingpong517 wrote:

yep having the same problem due to the holiday weekend and storms.... hopefully it will all sort it self out, but i've had to answer why i didn't send stuff...but i did..USPS is just a mess.

I just had a item that was mailed  august 26 that was delivered today Sept 9
 and it also had no scans. Just delivered. Probably the hurricane and other bad weather.

Bubba Redneck
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

Im literally in the same boat. Seems like its something going on with USPS because all of your messages are 

recent and around the same time I ordered my product, which was on September 3.

I really hope this is just a small issue with USPS, and not the seller.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

JEWEL

You seller is probably  telling    the truth.  BUT---just in case---keep  you eye on   the  Estimated  Due Date  on  the  seller's Listing page.   if      that date  comes  and   goes  with no   package----it may be necesary  for you to  go  to  the  Resolution Center----and file  an   Item  Not  Received  Dispute.  .Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

same as me..already 1 month my order from US but still waiting...

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

hope it all worked out.. it happens every so often...weather, holiday...sometimes I have to call usps CS and open a case ...and guess what the item seems to show up from nowhere....so....always just have to keep on it and sometimes wait them out....

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

I have been having issues with USPS lately too. Becoming very annoyed. I do my part getting items shipped on time to find out lately a few people have not received their package yet. Instead of contacting me first they are opening up a claim wanting a refund. How in the world am I going to refund a customer when a package is still in transit and they do not even have their item. Ebay should not allow a customer to be able to request a refund when a package is still in transit. USPS I have noticed this past 2 weeks now have been very careless. I had one package that was sent back to me. Two packages that people have not even got in their possession yet. One lady should have got here on the 13th and here it is the 20th. Her tracking shows that it it's at her facility, shows sorting complete and out for delivery on the 13th...yracking shows not updated and today it's the 20th! She opened a request for a refund. I told her that I could not refund her due to the fact USPS shows her item out for delivery. I am so disappointed in USPS right now. Customers also need to realize that it's USPS and not the sellers. We get flack for USPS mistakes.
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

then stop using **bleep** usps. dont you have other vendors to deliver your **bleep** parcels?
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

99 times out of ten the problem with any shipper is the corruption of the address. Try writing in the Kings English where 3&8 or 1&7 don't look the same or don't fold the bar code over a corner one time.

All shipping indices can cause a bar code loop to jump multiple states on a simple scan tear. You can only hope for #38 backflow or you may be waiting for a week or so.
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

Thank you I agree. Also seriously to the one that wrote the bleep. USPS is the chespest. I've contacted UPS and thier prices are way higher and I don't like that falling back on my customers to pay. Also since I have complained and wrote reviews a number of times they have straightened up. It's nor all facilities yet thier are some facilities that slack in employees work or handling of packages. Thank you reparelectronics for your reply and being nice. I've noticed on these community forums some people are not as friendly when replying to others. Thier is a big competition with people selling on eBay bit it seems that some out there take things to heart like your going to steal thier customers or they feel they are above you. People need to realize nobody is above anyone and the community forum should be a place where everyone feels comfortable not making them feel incompetent.
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

Yes me too. I have also found out that as soon as an item does not show up in time I go ahead and open up a case foe missing item on the USPS website and explain plus upload the picture. The item shows up delivered within a few days. Also I have now signed up for informed delivery and it has helped alot.
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

@mousesqueen wrote:
Thank you reparelectronics for your reply and being nice. I've noticed on these community forums some people are not as friendly when replying to others. 

Mousequeen, Thanks for the favor of a reply, unfortunately not all posters are as objective as me, many let their subjective (opinion) views spew out. Also, remember that all the stories given on these threads are mostly one-sided and are difficult to rule by a non-biased jury.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

USPS Awaiting Item Still

why is everyone answering an old 2016 question?

Bubba Redneck
Message 15 of 21
latest reply