cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS in eBay Labels

We're excited to announce UPS as an additional carrier available in the eBay Label platform.

You can read more about this change here, and leave any questions below so our experts can review.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

UPS in eBay Labels

Has anyone gotten the UPS Saving Program for eBay Sellers link to work?

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-labels.html

https://www.ups.com/mrd/promodiscount?loc=en_US&promoCd=C3WA3LH91

I enter my account number and it's just a loop to the same page with the message

"The promotion code entered is either incorrect or no longer valid."

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

UPS in eBay Labels

If you READ the announcement

it isn't available yet.........

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

UPS in eBay Labels

brian_burke@ebay, will the pricing for UPS labels, be accurate and correct up-front as calculated on the listing? In other words, assuming that the seller provides the correct weight and dimensions for the package, will the amount charged to the buyer be the same as the amount the seller is charged when the package is shipped and delivered?

Or will it be an estimated price like the FedEx labels, which reportedly do not include surcharges, oversize charges, residential address fees, etc.? There have been many reports of FedEx charging additional amounts that can be hundreds of dollars, even when it appeared that the seller provided correct weight and dimensions on the listing. In my experience with UPS shipping, they have done the same, attempting to charge me after the fact for surcharges that were not disclosed when I purchased the label and shipped the package.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

UPS in eBay Labels

I assume sellers will be users on eBay's UPS account (similar to going directly to the UPS store to ship on that store's account). There have been difficulties resolving charges on eBay Fedex labels because the seller can not deal directly with Fedex. Will the same be the case with UPS labels?

1. Are eBay UPS label prices based on drop off only?
  2. Can a seller arrange a pickup, and if so, is that cost added to the label charge?
    – Same-Day Pickup: $6.90
    – Future-Day Pickup: $5.80
    – Residential ($4-$5) and outlying area ($3-$5) surcharges may apply to pickup location.
  3. UPS has different rates for residential and commercial delivery, as well as surcharges for non-urban and outlying areas. How are those accommodated in the label process?
  4. What process will a seller use to dispute a UPS charge?
  5. How will the seller open a lost or damaged package claim?
  6. Are call tags (for free returns) available through eBay UPS labels?
  7. If no call tags for returns, can the buyer use eBay's UPS labels? How is it issued?
  8. If no eBay call tags, can a seller issue a call tag from their own UPS account?

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

UPS in eBay Labels

@

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

UPS in eBay Labels

@community_team 

brian_burke@ebay 

tyler@ebay 

Any update on the UPS questions asked here?

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

UPS in eBay Labels

UPS labels will be invoiced along with your monthly eBay invoice. Charges are estimated based on provided information and include all applicable charges. As long as dimensions and weight are accurately assessed the charges will be accurate. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

UPS in eBay Labels

@shipscript wrote:

I assume sellers will be users on eBay's UPS account (similar to going directly to the UPS store to ship on that store's account). There have been difficulties resolving charges on eBay Fedex labels because the seller can not deal directly with Fedex. Will the same be the case with UPS labels?

1. Are eBay UPS label prices based on drop off only?
  2. Can a seller arrange a pickup, and if so, is that cost added to the label charge?
    – Same-Day Pickup: $6.90
    – Future-Day Pickup: $5.80
    – Residential ($4-$5) and outlying area ($3-$5) surcharges may apply to pickup location.
  3. UPS has different rates for residential and commercial delivery, as well as surcharges for non-urban and outlying areas. How are those accommodated in the label process?
  4. What process will a seller use to dispute a UPS charge?
  5. How will the seller open a lost or damaged package claim?
  6. Are call tags (for free returns) available through eBay UPS labels?
  7. If no call tags for returns, can the buyer use eBay's UPS labels? How is it issued?
  8. If no eBay call tags, can a seller issue a call tag from their own UPS account?

Hi @shipscript - I heard back from the shipping team on your questions:

1. Yes
  2. You cannot schedule a pick up using eBay Labels with UPS
  3. All of those charges are calculated into the UPS cost when using eBay Labels
  4. Sellers can dispute charges by contacting Customer Support
  5. Seller can file a claim by following the steps here
  6. No
  7. No, UPS is not supported on eBay returns
  8. Individual UPS functionality is negotiated between account owner and UPS and eBay does not have visibility to that
Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

UPS in eBay Labels

Sharing is Caring..  Thank you!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

UPS in eBay Labels

The ups label prints my seller user name   as the shipped from .My postal service uses my name .How can I correct the UPS label to show my personal  name instead of user name .

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

UPS in eBay Labels

@

@noveltylane1955 wrote:

The ups label prints my seller user name   as the shipped from .My postal service uses my name .How can I correct the UPS label to show my personal  name instead of user name .

@noveltylane1955  Go to account settings ( upper left under your sign in) > addresses 

Are those all correct?  

https://accountsettings.ebay.com/uas/addresses

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 12 of 12
latest reply